icrowave Oven Safety
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• The microwave oven should be serviced
only by qualified service personnel.
Call an authorized service company for
examination, repair, or adjustment.
• See door surface cleaning instructions
in the "Caring for Your Microwave
• To reduce the risk of fire in the
– Do not overcook food. Carefully
attend the microwave oven if paper,
plastic, or other combustible materials
are placed inside the oven to facilitate
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE
EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE
(a) Do not attempt to operate this oven
with the door open since open-door
operation can result in harmful
exposure to microwave energy. It is
important not to defeat or tamper with
the safety interlocks.
(b) Do not place any object between the
oven front face and the door or allow
soil or cleaner residue to accumulate
on sealing surfaces.
– Remove wire twist-ties from paper
or plastic bags before placing bags
– If materials inside the oven should
ignite, keep oven door closed, turn oven
off, and disconnect the power cord, or
shut off power at the fuse or circuit
– Do not use the cavity for storage
purposes. Do not leave paper products,
cooking utensils, or food in the cavity
when not in use.
(c) Do not operate the oven if it is
damaged. It is particularly important
that the oven door close properly and
that there is no damage to the:
(1) Door (bent),
(2) Hinges and latches (broken
(3) Door seals and sealing surfaces.
(d) The oven should not be adjusted or
repaired by anyone except properly
qualified service personnel.