etting to Know Your Microwave Oven
Parts and features
Your microwave oven is designed to make
your cooking experience as enjoyable and
productive as possible. To help get you up
and running quickly, the following is a list of
the oven's basic features:
1. Door Handle.
2. Window with Metal Shield. Shield
prevents microwaves from escaping. It is
designed as a screen to allow you to view
food as it cooks.
3. Glass Turntable. This turntable turns
food as it cooks for more even cooking. It
must be in the oven during operation for
best cooking results.
4. Removable Turntable Support
5. Cook Guide Label.
6. Light. Automatically turns on when door
is opened or when oven is operating.
ENTER TEMP CRISP COOK
AUTO SENSOR DEFROST
HR 1 3
2 LBS MIN NO. SEC
7. Quartz Broil Element (hidden in ceiling).
This element is used for the CRISP and
BROIL functions. It is in a special com-
puter-designed compartment that helps
focus heat from the element onto the
food. The quartz broil element is better
than traditional broil elements because it
gets hotter faster. And it is not in your
way when you are cleaning the oven.
8. Microwave Oven Control Panel. Touch
pads on this panel to perform all
9. Door Safety Lock System. The oven
will not operate unless the door is
10. Lower Oven Control Panel. See "Lower
Oven Use and Care Guide" for more
11. Convection Element and Fan (not
visible). (Models KEMS378G,
KEMS308G, KBMC147H and
are used for the CONVECT function.
See "Cooking with CONVECT in the
only .) This element and fan