Take the following precautions to prevent traffic
accidents and avoid personal injury:
• Installation must be performed according to this
installation manual. Kenwood is not responsible
for issues arising from installations not performed
according to the procedures in this manual.
• Do not install the unit where it may obstruct your
view through the windshield or of your vehicle's
• Do not install the unit where it may hinder the
function of safety devices such as an airbag.
Doing so may prevent the airbag from functioning
properly in the event of an accident.
• The installation and use suggestions contained
in this manual are subject to any restrictions or
limitations that may be imposed by applicable
law—the purchaser should check applicable law
for any restrictions or limitations before installing
and/or operating this unit.
• Failure to follow these safety instructions and
warnings may result in a serious accident.
Take the following precautions to prevent fire and
avoid personal injury:
• To avoid short circuits, never put or leave any
metallic objects (coins, tools, etc.) inside the unit.
• If the unit emits smoke or strange smells, turn the
power off immediately and consult your Kenwood
• Do not drop the unit or subject it to strong
• If the LCD display becomes damaged or broken,
do not touch the liquid crystal fluid. The fluid may
be dangerous to your health or even fatal. If the
liquid crystal fluid contacts your body or clothing,
immediately wash it off with soap and water.
Take the following precautions to keep the unit in
proper working order:
• Be sure the unit is connected to a 12V DC power
supply with a negative ground connection.
• Do not open the unit.
• Do not install the unit where it will be exposed to
high levels of humidity, moisture, or dust.
• When replacing a fuse, use only a new one with
the proper rating. Using a fuse with the wrong
rating may cause the unit to malfunction.
• To prevent a short circuit when replacing a fuse,
first disconnect the wiring harness.
• When drilling holes to mount the unit, make sure
not to damage wiring or other systems that may
be close to the mounting surface.
Note: If the unit doesn't seem to be working properly:
• Turn the unit's power off, wait 5–10 seconds, then
turn the power on again.
• If the unit still mis-operates, turn the unit's
power off, remove it from the cradle, wait 5–10
seconds, replace it in the cradle, and turn the
power back on.
If the problem persists, consult your Kenwood dealer.
This equipment may generate or use radio frequency
energy. Changes or modifications to this equipment
may cause harmful interference unless the modifi-
cations are expressly approved in this instruction
manual. The user could lose the authority to operate
this equipment if an unauthorized change or
modification is made.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found
to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device,
pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits
are designed to provide reasonable protection
against harmful interference in a residential installa-
tion. This equipment may cause harmful interference
to radio communications if it is not installed and
used in accordance with these instructions. However,
there is no guarantee that interference will not occur
in a particular installation. If this equipment does
cause harmful interference to radio or television
reception, which can be determined by turning the
equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to
try to correct the interference by one or more of
the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna
• Increase the separation between the equipment
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a
circuit different from that to which the receiver
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV
technician for help
Cleaning the Unit
If the unit becomes dirty, turn its power off and
wipe it clean with a soft, dry cloth.