A CLOTHES DRYER PRODUCES COMBUSTIBLE LINT. FOR
ALL INSTALLATIONS, THE DRYER MUST BE CONNECTED
TO AN EXHAUST TO THE OUTDOORS.
NOTE: MOBILE HOME, BEDROOM, BATHROOM, ALCOVE
OR CLOSET INSTALLATIONS MUST BE EXHAUSTED TO
ALCOVE OR CLOSET INSTALLATION
• If your dryer is approved for installation in an alcove or closet,
it will be stated on a label on the dryer back.
• The dryer MUST be vented to the outdoors. See the EXHAUST
INFORMATION sections 3 & 4.
• Minimum clearance between dryer cabinet and adjacent walls
or other surfaces is:
0 in. either side
7.6 cm (3 in.) front and rear
• Minimum vertical space from floor to overhead cabinets,
ceiling, etc. is 109 cm (43 in.) without pedestal, 140 cm (55 in.)
• Closet doors must be louvered or otherwise ventilated and
must contain a minimum of 387 sq. cm (60 sq. in.) of open area
equally distributed. If the closet contains both a washer and
a dryer, doors must contain a minimum of 774 sq. cm (120 sq.
in.) of open area equally distributed.
NOTE: WHEN THE EXHAUST DUCT IS LOCATED AT THE
REAR OF THE DRYER, MINIMUM CLEARANCE FROM THE
WALL IS 14 cm (5.5 IN.)
BATHROOM OR BEDROOM
• The dryer MUST be vented to the outdoors. See EXHAUST
INFORMATION section 3 & 4.
• The installation must conform with local codes or, in the
absence of local codes, with the current CSA C22.1 Canadian
Electrical code part 1.
MOBILE OR MANUFACTURED HOME
• Installation must conform to the current CAN/CSA Z240 MH
series Mobile Home Installation Codes.
• The dryer MUST be vented to the outdoors with the
termination securely fastened to the mobile home structure.
(See EXHAUST INFORMATION section 3 & 4.)
• The vent MUST NOT be terminated beneath a mobile or
• The vent duct material MUST BE METAL.
• Do not use sheet metal screws or other fastening devices
which extend into the interior of the exhaust vent.
• See section 2 for electrical connection information.
DRYER EXHAUST TO RIGHT, LEFT OR
WARNING - BEFORE PERFORMING
THIS EXHAUST INSTALLATION, BE SURE
TO DISCONNECT THE DRYER FROM ITS
ELECTRICAL SUPPLY. PROTECT YOUR
HANDS AND ARMS FROM SHARP EDGES
WHEN WORKING INSIDE THE CABINET.
BE SURE TO WEAR GLOVES.
Detach and remove the bottom, right or left side knockout as
desired. Remove the screw inside the dryer exhaust duct and
save. Pull the duct out of the dryer.
Cut the duct as shown and keep portion A.
Through the rear opening, locate the tab in the middle of the
appliance base. Lift the tab to about 45º using a flat blade