Motorcycle Radio Installation Installing the Speaker and Control Head
Handlebar Installation with Speaker and Control Head Mounted Separately
It may be necessary to use the smaller control head bracket (part number 07-80127N02) and mount
the speaker and microphone hang-up clip in another location on the motorcycle.
Before installing the control head using the bracket described above, the control-head end of the
control-head cable should be temporarily fastened to the control head, and the control head fastened
to its bracket. Motorola-supplied spacers and the mic-cable bracket are required to mount the control
head to the handlebar. This mic-cable bracket has holes to mount the microphone-cable connector.
Follow these procedures when mounting the smaller control-head bracket:
1. Determine the location at which the control head is to be mounted. Take care to choose a
location that is not only mechanically convenient, but is located for ease of operation.
2. Securely mount the Motorola-supplied spacers, mic-cable bracket, and small control-head
bracket to the handlebars.
3. Mount the 9-pin D-connector end of the motorcycle control-head cable to the mic-cable
bracket, using two machine screws, flat washers, and nuts. (Cable routing directions appear
later in this section.)
4. Attach the control-head end of the cable to the control head and tighten the locking screws on
5. Mount the control head to the small control-head bracket, at the proper viewing angle, using
two wing screws. Tighten firmly. This concludes the control-head installation.