9.4. Front panel installation
(1) First, ﬁ t the lower part of the front panel, and insert top and bottom hooks. (2 top
sides, 7 bottom sides, 2 center)
(2) Attach the 4 screws.
(3) Attach the wire cover. (Attach the 1 screw.)
(4) Attach the intake grille.
Install the Front panel and Intake grille securely. If installation is imperfect, the Front
panel or Intake grille may fall off and cause injury.
10. TEST RUN
(1) Is operation of each button on the remote controller unit normal?
(2) Does each lamp light normally?
(3) Do airﬂ ow direction louvers operate normally?
(4) Is the drain normal?
(5) Do not have an abnormal noise and vibration during operation?
Do not operate the air conditioner in test run for a long time.
• For the operation method, refer to the operating manual.
• The outdoor unit, may not operate, depending on the room temperature. In this case,
keep on pressing the MANUAL AUTO button of the indoor unit for more than 10
seconds. The OPERATION indicator lamp (green) and TIMER indicator lamp (orange)
will begin to ﬂ ash simultaneously during cooling test run. Then, heating test run will
begin in about 3 minutes when HEAT is selected by the remote control operation. (Please
follow the operating manual for remote control operation.)
(When the air conditioner is running by pressing the test run button, the OPERATION
indicator lamp and TIMER indicator lamp will simultaneously ﬂ ash slowly.)
Press and hold MANUAL AUTO
button for 10 seconds
When ending the test run, keep on pressing the MANUAL AUTO button of the indoor
unit for more than 3 seconds.
MANUAL AUTO button
[Using the wired remote controller] (Option)
For the operation method, refer to the operating manual.
(1) Stop the air conditioner operation.
(2) Press the MODE button and the FAN button simultaneously for
2 seconds or more to start the test run.
(3) Press the start/stop button to stop the test run.
11. REMOTE CONTROLLER INSTALLATION
Check that the indoor unit correctly receives the signal from the remote controller,
then install the remote controller holder.
Select the remote controller holder selection site by paying careful attention to the fol-
Avoid places in direct sunlight.
Select a place that will not be affected by the heat from a stove, etc.
11.1. Remote controller holder installation
• Install the remote controller a maximum distance of 6 m from the remote control signal
receiver. However, when installing the remote controller, check that it operates cor-
• Install the remote controller holder to a wall, pillar, etc. with the tapping screw.
holder ﬁ xing
12. OPTIONAL KIT INSTALLATION (UTY-TWBXF)
This air conditioner can be connected with the following optional kits.
• Wired remote controller
• Simple remote controller
• External connect kit
BEFORE INSTALL WIRED REMOTE CONTROLLER
• When you use wired remote controller, some functions may not be used.
Before installing, be sure to disconnect all power supply.
Don't touch the heat exchanger.
During installing or removing operation, be sure not to have wire caught by parts or
draw it hard. Or it may result troubles to the air-conditioner.
Avoid place in direct sunlight.
Select place that will not be affected by the heat from a stove, etc
Before setting up the optional kit, please conﬁrm whether air-conditioner can receive
Do not connect the wired remote controller to the terminal for power supply.
When connecting the wired remote controller with the indoor unit, use the connecting
cable (supplied with wired remote controller or simple remote controller).
Recommended cable length of wired remote controller is 10 m. Make sure to do insu-
late of connecting part when extended the cable.
Do not connect power supply with the terminal.
Test run display