Conversion to LP (Propane) Gas
The pressure regulator and the burner orifices are
set for natural gas. To use LP (propane) gas, the
regulator and burner orifices must be converted.
The LP orifice spuds for the cooktop burners can
be located within the literature package shipped
with the unit.
If you convert to LP gas, keep instructions and
natural gas orifices to convert back for use with
WARNING: If you are using LP (propane) gas, all
adjustments described in the following steps must
be made before attempting burner adjustments or
WARNING: Use only approved pipe dope
resistant to LP gas.
Convert the Regulator
1. Disconnect the electrical power to the cooktop
and shut off the gas supply.
Note: The cooktop is shipped with a convertible
regulator and a set of LP orifices.
2. Unscrew the spring retainer cap from the
3. Press your thumb against the flat side of the
spring retainer and press down to remove the
retainer from the center of the cap.
4. Turn plastic spring retainer upside down so that
LP is showing at the bottom (see illustration
above) and reinstall spring retainer in the spring
5. Assemble the cap on the pressure regulator.
Install the LP Orifices
1. Remove the top grates, burner caps, burner
head, and spark igniter from the burner base.
2. Remove 2 screws from the burner base using
a No. 15 torx head driver bit.
Note: The orifices have a spring-loaded retaining
ring around the hex head to hold the orifice in the
nut driver during installation and removal. A slight
amount of force is required to push the nut driver
down over the ring.
3. Using a 7-mm or 9/32-in. nut driver, remove the
natural gas orifice from each burner and save.
These may be accessed through the hole in the
Note: Use the Burner/Orifice specification chart
to determine location of proper orifices.
4. Locate the LP orifice spuds within the literature
package shipped with the unit. They will have a
digit number and an "L" on one side and an
engraved mark (I, II, III, or X) located on the top.
These marks denote the precise location of
each orifice to the cooktop burner.
5. Install the LP orifices in their precise locations.
– 6 –