b. Do not operate power tools in explosive atmospheres, such as in the Definitions: Safety Guidelines presence of flammable liquids, gases or dust. Power tools create sparks which may ignite the dust or fumes. The definitions below describe the level of severity for each c.
Electrical Safety e. Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times. This enables better control of the power tool in unexpected situations. The electric motor has been designed for one voltage only. Always check that the f. Dress properly. Do not wear loose clothing or jewellery. Keep your hair, power supply corresponds to the voltage on the rating plate.
c) Do not use accessories which are not specifically designed and k) Position the cord clear of the spinning accessory. If you lose control, the cord recommended by the tool manufacturer. Just because the accessory can be may be cut or snagged and your hand or arm may be pulled into the spinning attached to your power tool, it does not assure safe operation.
b) Never place your hand near the rotating accessory. Accessory may kickback b) Do not position your body in line with and behind the rotating wheel. When over your hand. the wheel, at the point of operation, is moving away from your body, the possible kickback may propel the spinning wheel and the power tool directly at c) Do not position your body in the area where power tool will move if kickback you.
WARNING: The grinding wheel or accessory may loosen during coast-down of the tool when shut off if rubber ring is missing or damaged. If grinding wheel or FIG. 1 accessory loosens, it may dismount from the machine and may cause serious personal injury.
• Never cut into area that may contain electrical wiring or piping. Serious injury • When wheel is binding, or when interrupting a cut for any reason, release the may result. trigger and hold the unit motionless in the material until the wheel comes to a complete stop.
Cutting Wheels 125 mm (5") Grinding Wheels 125 mm (5") Type 1 guard Type 1 guard Type 27 guard Type 27 guard Quick-Change Quick-Change Quick-Change wheel release wheel release wheel release Type 27 hubbed wheel Type 1 abrasive diamond cutting wheel cutting wheel Type 27 depressed center wheel...
125 mm (5") Sanding Flap Discs Wire Wheels Type 27 guard Type 27 guard Type 27 guard Type 27 guard Quick-Change wheel release hubbed sanding 3” wire cup flap disc brush 4” wire wheel non-hubbed sanding flap disc Sanding Discs threaded clamp nut rubber backing pad sanding disc...
Rotating the Gear Case WARNING: Use of this tool can generate and/or disburse dust, which may cause serious and permanent respiratory or other injury. Always use NIOSH/OSHA WARNING: To reduce the risk of serious personal injury, turn tool off and approved respiratory protection appropriate for the dust exposure.
OPERATION CAUTION: Guards must be used with all grinding wheels, sanding flap discs, wire brushes, and wire wheels. The tool may be used without a guard only when sanding WARNING: To reduce the risk of serious personal injury, turn tool off and with conventional sanding discs.
2. Place wheel against the backing flange, centering the wheel on the raised turned off, unplugged from the power supply, and has come to a complete stop. Do not engage the spindle lock while the tool is operating because damage to the tool section (pilot) of the backing flange.
5. Remove the tool from work surface before turning tool off. Allow the tool to stop EDGE GRINDING WITH GRINDING WHEELS rotating before laying it down. CAUTION: Wheels used for cutting and edge MOUNTING SANDING BACKING PADS grinding may break if they bend or twist while the tool is being used to do cut-off work or deep grinding.
3. Maintain a 5˚ to 15˚ angle between the tool 2. Apply minimum pressure to work surface, allowing the tool to operate at high and work surface. The san ding disc should speed. Material removal rate is greatest when the tool operates at high speed. contact approximately one inch of work surface.
3. Install the threaded clamp nut with the raised section (pilot) facing away from 2. Push the guard down until the guard lug engages the wheel. and rotates freely in the groove on the gear case 4. Depress the spindle lock button and tighten clamp nut with a wrench. hub.
Lubrication In addition to the warranty, D WALT tools are covered by our: FREE ONE YEAR SERVICE CONTRACT WALT tools are properly lubricated at the factory and are ready for use. WALT will also maintain the tool for free at any time during the first year of Repairs purchase.