3. To release the water, open the water-fill cover and empty the
iron over a sink with the tip pointing down (g).
4. Hold the iron in that position until all the water is emptied from
care and cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
cleanIng outSIde SuRfaceS
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely.
2. Wipe the soleplate and outer surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water. Add mild
household detergent. Never use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers, vinegar or scouring
pads that may scratch or discolor the iron.
3. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from the steam
To keep the steam vents free of any buildup, follow these instructions about once a
1. Fill the water tank well below MAX line. Plug in the iron.
2. Select fabric setting 6 on the fabric select dial and stand the iron on its heel rest.
3. Wait 2 minutes for the iron to heat fully, then unplug the iron.
4. Hold iron over a sink with the soleplate facing down.
5. Press the Auto Clean
Important: Be careful, as after several seconds, hot water and steam will come out of
the steam vents.
6. Continue to hold Auto Clean
button until all the water has emptied. If necessary,
move iron side-to-side and front-to-back.
7. When finished, release the button, stand the iron on its heel rest and plug it in. Heat
for about 2 minutes to dry out any remaining water.
StoRIng youR IRon
1. Unplug the iron and allow it to cool.
2. Check that the fabric-select dial is set to the minimum setting and that the variable
steam selector is set to dry
3. Store vertically on its heel to prevent water leaking from the soleplate.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate
800 number on cover of this book. Please do not return the product to the place of
purchase. Also, please do not mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a
service center. You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this
two-year limited Warranty
(applies only in the united States and canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Applica's liability will not
exceed the purchase price of product.
for how long?
• Two years from the date of original purchase with proof of such purchase.
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or
how do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call
toll-free 1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• damage from commercial use
• damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do
not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this
limitation may not apply to you.)
how does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that
vary from state to state or province to province.
is a trademark of The Black & decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA
Made and Printed in People's Republic of China