SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS I To avoid a circuit overload, do not operate another high- wattage appliance on the same circuit. I If an extension cord is necessary, it should be rated not less than 10 amperes and have Underwriters Laboratories listing. Cords rated for less amperage may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that it cannot be pulled on or tripped over.
9. Non-Stick Coated Soleplate 10. Heat Fabric Guide 11. Button Groove 12. Push ON Button IMPORTANT: Follow this procedure to clean the iron and to become familiar with its features before first use. 1. Remove any labels, stickers, protective materials, or tags which may be attached to the body or soleplate of the iron.
2. Fill the Water Tank to the water full mark (approximately 4 oz.). (See “Filling With Water,” below ) 3. Plug the iron into a standard (polarized) electrical outlet. 4. Set the Temperature Selector/ Heat Fabric Guide to the Cotton setting and preheat for about 30 seconds.
STARTING THE IRON 1. Be sure the iron is filled with water. Plug in the iron. 2. Press the PUSH ON Button in to start the iron. (Figure B).
TEMP FABRIC 3. Use the Heat Fabric Guide (Numbered 1 thru 7) on the body of the iron to select the setting for the fabric to be ironed. (Also, see “Fabric Ironing Chart” on page 9 ). 4. Turn the Temperature Selector...
2. The PUSH ON Button will pop out only if the iron shuts off auto- matically after an hour. 3. If the PUSH ON Button pops out while you are ironing, then one hour has elapsed since the iron was plugged in.
2. Turn the Temperature Selector Dial to O/FILL. 3. Unplug the iron. 4. Allow the iron to cool and wrap the cord around the body of the iron and extended heel rest. 5. It is not necessary to empty the water if the iron is used more than once a week.
REGULAR HEAVY IRONING INSTRUCTIONS Dry iron on wrong side. Press washables while damp. Dry iron on wrong side to prevent shine. Press washables while damp. Dry iron washables while fabric is damp. Iron rayon fabrics on the wrong side. Steam iron if fabric manufacturer directs.
4. If all the water hasn’t drained, repeat the emptying process. CLEANING THE OUTSIDE SURFACES 1. Allow the iron to cool com- pletely. 2. Wipe the outer shell and non- stick coated soleplate with a cloth dampened in water and a mild household detergent.
4 and 7)? 2. Is the Adjustable Steam Dial set at the corresponding steam setting? 1. Has the iron been plugged in for an hour? This iron will shut off after an hour whether or not you have been using it.
14 & 15. Before shipping or mailing your iron, empty all water from the iron. Plug in the cord and heat the iron at the maximum temperature setting (set- ting 7). Iron continuously using any steam setting over an all cotton cloth for about 5 minutes.
BLACK AND DECKER COMPANY-OWNED SERVICE ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM — 2412 Green Springs, Hwy., 35209 205-942-0538 MOBILE — 3831 Airport Blvd., 36608 205-343-6624 ALASKA ANCHORAGE — 910 West International Airport Rd., 99518 907-563-4664 ARIZONA MESA — 535 South Dobson Rd., Suite 7, 85202 602-461-1074 PHOENIX —...
MINNESOTA BLOOMINGTON — 9517 Lyndale Ave., South, 55420 612- 884-9191 MISSOURI KANSAS CITY — 4324 Main St., 64111 816-531-0629 ST. ANN — 3637 North Lindbergh Blvd., 63074 314-739-4661 ST. LOUIS — 12852 Manchester Rd., 63131 314-821-8740 NEBRASKA OMAHA — 4225 South 84th St., 68127 402-592-5666 NEVADA LAS VEGAS —...
FULL TWO-YEAR WARRANTY Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product against any defects that are due to faulty material or workmanship for a two-year period after the original date of consumer purchase or receipt as a gift. This warranty does not include damage to the product resulting from acci- dent or misuse.