9. Mobile or manufactured home installation
• Installation MUST conform to the MANUFACTURED HOME
CONSTRUCTION & SAFETY STANDARD, TITLE 24, PART
32-80 or, when such standard is not applicable, with
AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARD FOR MOBILE HOME,
ANSI/NFPA NO. 501B.
• The appliance MUST be vented to the outdoors with the
termination securely fastened to the mobile home structure.
• The vent MUST NOT be terminated beneath a mobile or
• The vent duct material MUST BE METAL.
• KIT 14-D346-33 MUST be used to attach the appliance se-
curely to the structure.
• The vent MUST NOT be connected to any other duct, vent,
• Do not use sheet metal screws or other fastening devices
which extend into the interior of the exhaust vent.
• See section 2 for electrical connection information.
10. Alcove or closet installation
• If your appliance is approved for installation in an alcove
or closet, it will be stated on a label on the appliance back.
• TO PREVENT LARGE AMOUNTS OF LINT AND MOISTURE
FROM ACCUMULATING AND TO MAINTAIN DRYING EF-
FICIENCY, THIS MACHINE MUST BE EXHAUSTED OUT-
• Do not install this appliance with less than the minimum
clearances shown above.
CONSIDERATION MUST BE GIVEN TO PROVIDE AD-
EQUATE CLEARANCES FOR INSTALLATION AND SERVICE.
W W W W W ARNING
DO NOT INSTALL THIS APPLIANCE IN A CLOSET
WITH A SOLID DOOR.
DOOR VENTILATION OPENING
A minimum of 120 square inches of opening, equally divided
at top and bottom, is required. Air openings are required to
be unobstructed when a door is installed. A louvered door
with equivalent air openings for the full length of the door is
When louvers or registers are placed in door openings, the
free air openings of the louvers or registers must equal 120
11. Bathroom or bedroom installation
• The appliance MUST be vented to the outdoors. See EX-
HAUST INFORMATION section 3 & 4.
• The installation must conform with local codes or, in the ab-
sence of local codes, with the NATIONAL ELECTRICAL
CODE, ANSI/NFPA NO. 70.
W W W W W ARNING
LABEL ALL WIRES PRIOR TO DISCONNEC-
TION WHEN SERVICING CONTROLS. WIR-
ING ERRORS CAN CAUSE IMPROPER AND
DANGEROUS OPERATION AFTER SERVIC-
For replacement parts and other information, see the back
cover of this Use & Care Guide for service phone numbers.