I M P OR T A N T SA FEGUARDS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
• DO NOT touch hot surfaces. Use potholders when removing cover or handling hot
containers to avoid steam burns.
• To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug or base unit in water or
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use. Unplug before putting on or taking off parts, and
allow to cool before cleaning.
• DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to an Authorized
Oster® Service Center for examination, repair or adjustment.
• DO NOT use outdoors.
• DO NOT let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• DO NOT operate appliance while empty or without water in the reservoir.
• DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot food or water
or other hot liquids.
• DO NOT use appliance for other than intended use.
• Lift and open cover carefully to avoid scalding and allow water to drip into steamer.
• The use of accessory attachments not recommended by this appliance manufacturer
may cause hazards.