When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
• READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use potholders when removing cover or handling
hot containers to avoid steam burns.
• To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug or base unit in
water or other liquids.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use. Unplug before putting on or taking off
parts, and allow to cool before cleaning.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the
appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance
to an authorized Oster
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not operate appliance while empty or without water in the reservoir.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot food
or water or other hot liquids.
• Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
• Lift and open cover carefully to avoid scalding and allow water to drip into steamer.
• The use of accessory attachments not recommended by this appliance
manufacturer may cause hazards.
• This appliance is intended for household use only.
• Make sure the voltage in your outlet is the same as the voltage indicated on the
appliance's rating label.
• The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards
of becoming tangled in, or tripping over a long cord.
• For safety it is not recommended to use an electrical extension cord with
• Do not immerse base unit in water or other liquids.
• Use with wall receptacle only.
FOR 120-V AND 127-V MARKETS ONLY
To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one
blade is wider than the other). This plug fits a polarized outlet only one way.
This is a safety feature intended to help reduce the risk of electrical shock. If
the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Service Center for examination, repair or adjustment.