BEFORE SERVICING THE WASHING MACHINE, UNPLUG THE POWER CORD TO AVOID THE RISK OF AN ELECTRIC SHOCK. WHEN SERVICING INTERNAL PARTS, USE ONLY SERVICE PARTS SUPPLIED FROM LG. AFTER SERVICING THE ELECTRIC WIRE, INSURE THAT INSULATION TAPE IS APPLIED TO PREVENT AN ELECTRICAL SHORT.
1. SPECIFICATION F14A8TDSA(1~9) / F12A8TDSA(1~9) / F14A8QDSA(1~9) / F12A8QDSA(1~9) ITEM POWER SUPPLY 220 V - 240 V ~, 50 Hz PRODUCT WEIGHT 66 kg WASHING 190 W SPIN 380 W ELECTRICITY DRAIN MOTOR 30 W CONSUMPTION STEAM HEATER 1200 W WASH HEATER 2120 W WASH...
2. FEATURES & TECHNICAL EXPLANATION 2-1. FEATURES Inverter Direct Drive system The advance Brushless DC motor directly drives the drum without belt and pulley. 6 motion Washer is able to perform various drum actions or a combination of different actions depending on the wash program selected.
2-2. DETERMINE WASHING TIME BY FUZZY LOGIC To get the best washing performance optimal time is determined by sensing the water temperature, selected washing temperature and laundry amount. water temperature washing time the best selected FUZZY washing rinse time washing LOGIC temperature performance...
3. PARTS IDENTIFICATION Power Plug Transit Bolts If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the Drawer manufacturer or its authorized service technician in order to avoid a hazard. Control Panel Drain Hose Drum Drain Pump Filter Door Drain Plug Lower Cover Cap...
4. INSTALLATION INSTALLATION The appliance should be installed as follows. Check the conditions of installation area. 1. Check level ground. horizontal On raised foundations or upper level homes, the can be caused by the type of flooring. vibrations It may be to a different area in the home or have the floor necessary to move machine...
Connect Drain Hose. If the drain hose is not installed properly, the unit will not drain properly. This allows water to back flow into the unit which can cause odors. Refer to Owner Manual for proper drain hose installation. The odor could also be coming from the home’s drain to which the drain hose is attached. Laundry tub about 100 cm Hose...
Check the horizontality with a level (Gage). Step 1 If washing machine legs are loose or not Screwed in, then with the spanner wrench. tighten Using the level, level the washing machine from front to back and side to side. A level Higher Tighten...
Test operation Preparation Press the power button. Press the START/PAUSE button. washing. · Connect the power plug to the · In case of Coloreds program. outlet. · Connect the inlet hose. Check the water heating. Check automatic reverse turn. Check the water supply. ·...
7. TROUBLESHOOTING 7-1. CHECK BEFORE SERVICE Before servicing ask the customer what the trouble is. Check the adjustments. (Power supply :220-240V~, Removal of transit bolts etc..) Check the troubles referring to the troubleshooting. Decide service steps referring to disassembly instructions. Then, service and repair.
7-3. HOW TO CHECK THE WATER LEVEL FREQUENCY Touch the Temp. Pre Wash button simultaneously. If the knob is turned, the data view type is changed from 40 to 49 Data View Type : In case of ‘040’ The digits indicate the water level frequency. For example, if 255 is displayed the water level frequency is 25.5kHz (255 X 0.1).
7-6. ERROR DISPLAY If you press the Start/Pause button in error condition, any error except will disappear and the machine will change into the pause status. In case of , if the error is not resolved within 20 sec., and in case of all other errors, if the error is not resolved within 4 min., the power will turn off automatically and the error only will blink.
ERROR SYMPTOM CAUSE • The connector in the LEAD WIRE ASSEMBLY is MOTOR LOCKED not connected to the connector of STATOR ERROR ASSEMBLY. Reconnect or repair the connector. • The hall sensor is out of order/defective. Replace the STATOR ASSEMBLY Page 34 WATER •...
7-6. TROUBLESHOOTING WITH ERROR Water Inlet Error (IE) [Note] Environmental safety check list 1. No water tap leakage or freeze 4. No entanglement of water supply hose. 2. No water shortage. 5. No water supply hose leakage 3. The inlet filter is not cloggeed. Is the water tap closed? Check the and open it fully.
Unbalanced Error (UE) The few items of clothing will clump together Does the load lean toward one and their weight will be in one place on the drum, side, or is the load a few items? throwing the weight off during spin mode. So add some laundry to overcome UE error.
Water Outlet Error (OE) Check drain hose for kink and straighten the Hose. Is the drain hose kinked ? Drain Hose Check & Clean Pump Filter. Is the clogged ? Pump filter This kind of accumulation on the drain filter not only prevents proper drainage, but also will promote bacteria growth and cause odors.
Is the greater Standpipe Height Observe Standpipe Height requirements than 1.0 m above the floor? of 1.0m maximum. - Your washer will not be able to drain out water adequately, if the standpipe exceeds 1.0 m. In this case, water may flow back into the washer. When there is no water in the Check the and the...
Overflow Error (FE) Power off for 10sec. Then power on. Is the water level over reference line and is the water level frequency under 21.3kHz? * Water level frequency - Touch and Hold 'Pre Wash' & 'Temp.' simultaneously. Drain out the water and then Is water continuously check the and the...
Pressure Sensor S/W Error (PE) Is the connected correctly to Connector Reconnect or repair the Connector. and the Main PCB Pressure Switch Or replace the Harness. Is the alright ? Harness Is the resistance of the Pressure Switch Replace the Pressure Switch.
Door Open Error (dE) Close the door fully. Is the door closed? Is the Door assembly in line with door switch ? Scratch by Latch Hook Touching Lift up & Close the door. If the dE is displayed, Replace the Door Bracket.
Thermistor (Heating) Error (tE) Is the connected correctly to Connector Reconnect or repair the Connector. and the and the Heater? Main PCB Thermistor Or replace the Harness. Is the alright ? Harness Heater for Washing Heater for Steam Replace the Thermistor. Is the resistance of the out of range 44 ~ Thermistor...
Motor Locked Error (LE) [Pre Check] • Gentle wash cycles, such as Perm Press, Delicates, Hand Wash, and Wool/Silk should only be used for smaller loads. Because these cycles are more gentle in tumbling and spinning, putting too much in the drum can register an issue with the motor.
Disassemble the Hall Sensor 1) Disassemble the hook of Hall Sensor by (-) driver. 2) Pull up Hall Sensor slowly as shown in picture. Caution If you disassemble by force,not following the directions, the hooks of stator(red circled) might break. Hence need change of stator assembly.
8. TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT ERROR CODES PE (Power Failure or no power) Is the Power Plug connected Reconnect firmly. Power Plug firmly to the power outlet? Check the fuse or And is the supply voltage reset the circuit breaker. 220~240V AC? Is Multi-plug socket used ? Don’t use Multi-plug...
Detergent & Softener does not flow in Refer to [Water Inlet Error (IE)] Is water supplied? (page 23) Is detergent & softener put in the correct compartment of the drawer? Only softener Put it in the Correct Position. Main Wash Pre Wash (Powder) (Powder)
Water Leak 1. Water Leak from Dispenser Is the Damaged or warped? Dispenser Tray Replace the Dispenser Tray. Is detergent & softener put in Put it in the Correct Position. the correct compartment of the drawer? Only softener Reference (Amount of Detergent & Softener) Main Wash Pre Wash Detergent...
2. Water Leak from Dispenser Are the gasket (seal) Clean the periphery of regularly. Gasket Door and door cleaned regularly? Is the door or gasket damaged? Replace the damaged parts. 3. Unknown – Water on Floor Are the inlet hoses loose or cracked/split? Replace the Inlet Hoses.
-3. STATOR ASSEMBLY iring Circuit in the MAIN P B / iring Diagram diagram MAIN P B NA1NA MICOM Function The DD motor can be driven from stopped to maximum speed in infinite steps in either direction. There are 36 poles on the stator; 12 permanent magnets spaced around the rotor. There are no brushes to wear out.
est point - Voltage esting Hall Sensor at Stator Result (Hall Sensor) (2) (4) (1) (3) (5)
7. To measure output signal voltage from the hall sensor, carefully move test leads to terminals 1 to 4, blue and gray. Slowly rotate motor rotor by hand. You should read a pulsing 10 Vdc. If 10 Vdc is measured from 1 to 4, move lead on blue wire to red wire, terminal 2.
-5. INLET VALVE ASSEMBLY iring Circuit in the MAIN P B diagram MICOM Inlet valve driving circuit CONNECTOR INLET iring Diagram VALVE MIAN P B COMMON GY VT BL (BK) 1 2 RD MAIN BLEACH VALVE INLET VALVE * All load circuits in wiring diagram are all the same. Function Depending on the cycle and water temperature, the controller will energize the hot or cold water valve solenoids to meet the selected water temperature.
10. DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS Remove the power cord from the outlet before disassembling or repairing the unit. CONTROL PANEL ASSEMBLY Screws 1 Unfasten the screws from the parts displayed in the fig. 2 Disassemble the top plate assembly by sliding it back and then lifting it up. 3 Pull the drawer panel assembly out.
PWB ASSEMBLY(MAIN) 1 Disassembly lower cover assembly. 2 Two screws are unscrewed. 3 Pull the PWB assembly in direstion of red arrow. 4 Disassembly PWB like the picture. DISPENSER ASSEMBLY 3 Two screws are unscrewed. 4 Clamp 1 The plate assembly(Top) are disassembled. 2 Pull the drawer to arrow direction.
INLET VALVE 1 Disconnect the wiring connector. 2 Remove the valve by two screws of the valve holder. When reconnecting the connector VALVE (STEAM) VIOLET/BLACK-BLACK VALVE (PRE-WASH) WHITE/BLACK-BLACK VALVE (NORMAL-WASH) GRAY/BLACK • Rating : 220/240V 50/60Hz • Resistant : 3.5~4.5kΩ DOOR 1 Open the door completely.
CABINET COVER Two screws are unscrewed 1 The plate assembly(Top) is disassembled. 2 Pull out the drawer and unscrew 2 screws. 3 Lift the side the Control Panel Assembly and pull it out Pull the drawer to arrow direction. 1 Two screws are unscrewed. 2 Push out PANEL ASSEMBLY, CONTROL after Push the hook( ) below.
4 Lift and separate the cabinet cover. NOTE: When assembling the CABINET COVER, connect the Door S/W connector. SWITCH ASSY, DOOR LOCK 1 Two screws are unscrewed and disassembly cabinet cover. 2 The Door Lock S/W is disconnected form the wiring connector and the strap.
ROTOR ASSEMBLY, STATOR ASSEMBLY, FRICTION DAMPER 1 Remove the back cover. 2 After loosening the bolt, Rotor, pull out the rotor. 1 Remove the 6 bolts from the stator. 2 Disconnect the 2 connectors. Motor Stator Hall Sensor U V W Common •...
PUMP 1 Disassembly Top Plate, Control Panel Assembly, Drawer Panel Assembly, Cabinet Cover Assembly, Lower Cover Assembly. 2 Unscrew the screws from the Side cover(Left). 3 Lift and separate the Side(Left) cabinet cover. 4 Remove pump outlet hose. Bellows Circulation 5 Remove tub pump bellows.
WHEN FOREIGN OBJECT STUCK BETWEEN DRUM AND TUB 1 Remove washing heater. 2 Remove the foreign object(wire,coin,etc) by inserting long bar in the hole. SWITCH ASSEMBLY, SAFETY 1 Disassembly lower cover assembly. 2 Disassembly MAIN PWB ASSEMBLY 3 Disconnect the wiring connector. Fist, Press hook and turn the safety switch assembly switch assembly safety.