7. After tightening the axle holder
nuts, push down hard on the
handlebars several times while
applying the front brake to check
if the front fork compresses and
8. Connect the speedometer cable.
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
To remove the rear wheel
1. Axle retainer bolt
It is advisable to have a Yama-
ha dealer service the wheel.
Securely support the motorcy-
cle so that there is no danger of
it falling over.
1. Loosen the axle nut.
2. Lift the rear wheel off the ground
according to the procedure on
1. Axle nut
2. Chain tensioner
3. Remove the swingarm end bolts.
4. Turn the drive chain adjusting
plate on each side of the swin-
garm fully in direction (a).
5. Push the wheel forward, and then
remove the drive chain from the
The drive chain does not need to be
disassembled in order to remove and
install the rear wheel.
6. Pull the wheel axle out from the
left-hand side, and then remove
the wheel by pulling it back.