PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
This model is equipped with quartz
bulb headlights. If a headlight bulb
burns out, replace it as follows.
1. Remove cowling A. (See page
2. Disconnect the headlight coupler,
and then remove the headlight
3. Remove the headlight bulb hol-
der according to the following
illustration, and then remove the
The removal procedure depends on
the type of bulb holder installed on
Headlight bulbs get very hot. The-
refore, keep flammable products
away from a lit headlight bulb, and
do not touch the bulb until it has
4. Place a new bulb into position,
and then secure it with the bulb
Do not touch the glass part of the
headlight bulb to keep it free from
oil, otherwise the transparency of
the glass, the luminosity of the
bulb, and the bulb life will be adver-
sely affected. Thoroughly clean off
any dirt and fingerprints on the
headlight bulb using a cloth mois-
tened with alcohol or thinner.
5. Install the bulb cover, and then
connect the coupler.
6. Install the cowling.
7. Have a Yamaha dealer adjust the
headlight beam if necessary.
Replacing the tail/brake light
1. Screw (x2)
1. Remove the tail/brake light lens
by removing the screws.
2. Remove the defective bulb by
pushing it in and turning it coun-
3. Insert a new bulb into the socket,
push it in, and then turn it clock-
wise until it stops.
4. Install the lens by installing the