PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
It is advisable to have a Yama-
ha dealer service the wheel.
Securely support the motorcy-
cle so that there is no danger of
it falling over.
1. Disconnect the speedometer
cable from the front wheel.
2. Loosen the wheel axle holder
nuts, then the wheel axle.
3. Lift the front wheel off the ground
according to the procedure on
4. Pull the wheel axle out, and then
remove the wheel.
Do not apply the brake after the
wheel has been removed together
with the brake disc, otherwise the
brake pads will be forced shut.
To install the front wheel
1. Install the speedometer gear unit
into the wheel hub so that the
projections mesh with the slots.
2. Lift the wheel up between the
Make sure that there is enough space
between the brake pads before inser-
ting the brake disc and that the slot in
the speedometer gear unit fits over
the retainer on the fork leg.
3. Insert the wheel axle.
4. Lower the front wheel so that it is
5. Tighten the wheel axle to the
6. Tighten the axle holder nuts to
the specified tightening torque. Tigh-
ten the upper nuts first and then lower
ones. When tightened in this sequen-
ce, there should be a gap formed at
the bottom of the axle holder.
on the ground.
55 Nm (5,5 m•kgf)
Axle holder nut:
10 Nm (1,0 m•kgf)