1. Start the engine, warm it up for
several minutes, and then turn it
2. Place an oil pan under the trans-
mission to collect the used oil.
3. Remove the oil filler cap and
drain bolt to drain the oil from the
4. Install the transmission oil drain
bolt, and then tighten it to the
Transmission oil drain bolt:
15 Nm (1,5 m•kgf)
5. Add the specified amount of the
recommended transmission oil,
and then install and tighten the oil
Recommended transmission oil:
See page 8-1.
Oil change quantity:
0,8 L (0,85 US qt)
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
In order to prevent clutch slip-
page (since the transmission
oil also lubricates the clutch),
do not mix any chemical additi-
ves with the oil.
Make sure that no foreign
material enters the transmis-
6. Start the engine, and then let it
idle for several minutes while
checking the transmission for oil
leakage. If oil is leaking, imme-
diately turn off the engine and
check for the cause.
The coolant level should be checked
before each ride. In addition, the coo-
lant must be changed at the intervals
specified in the periodic maintenance
and lubrication chart.
To check the coolant level
1. Place the vehicle on a level surfa-
ce and hold it in an upright posi-
The coolant level must be chec-
ked on a cold engine since the
level varies with engine tempera-
Make sure that the vehicle is
positioned straight up when
checking the coolant level. A
slight tilt to the side can result in
a false reading.
2. Remove panel D. (See page 6-6.)
3. Check the coolant level in the