Attaching the Antenna
1. Place antenna over antenna stub.
2. Thread antenna clockwise until fully seated
against mounting base. Hand tighten only.
Be sure the antenna is firmly seated.
Set Battery Type
Your radio comes set to Ni-MH and with 6 Ni-MH batteries installed.
• Always set the battery switch to Alk. before installing
• Do not recharge alkaline batteries. Doing so can
create a safety hazard or damage the radio.
• Always completely fasten screw to ensure a water
1. Unfasten battery case cover screw.
2. Lift cover and rotate up.
3. Remove 6 Ni-MH batteries.
4. Slide the switch to ALK. (or Ni-MH if
replacing with NiMH batteries).
1. Unscrew the battery case cover screw.
2. Lift up cover and rotate up.
3. Set the battery type (see above).
4. Install 6 NiMH or 6 alkaline
batteries. Be sure to match the polarity
(+ and -) as indicated on the battery
5. Close battery case cover and fasten screw.