TRIMMER HEAD LINE INSTALLATION
SMALL BUMP FEED HEAD (.080" Line)
1. Review gure 28 for names of parts referred to in these
2. Lock shaft by inserting allen key into hole in collar and turn
until it engages groove inside. When shaft can no longer
rotate, loosen head by turning it as shown (Fig. 24).
3. Loosen bump feed button and remove by turning CCW
4. Pull reel out of trimmer body, take care to not lose
the spring behind it.
5. Un-wind and remove the remnants of the line left on
the reel. Note how the ends of the line are hooked in
place and the direction it is wound.
6. If using new line from a bulk spool, cut 2 pieces of
line 7.5 ft (2.28 m) long. Insert each line into one of
the holes on each retention hook opposite of the
direction of the rotation about1/2 inch deep.
7. Wrap line 180° and wind extra line in the opposite
direction of rotation of the head as shown (Fig. 26).
NOTE: Always use original equipment manufacturer replacement line. Lines other than those
8. Continue winding cord in direction indicated as
9. Feed the free ends of
10. While holding reel into body, screw bump feed but -
11. Insert allen key into hole tighten by turning body as
speci ed may make the engine overheat or fail.
shown, leave about 6 inches free length (15-20 cm)
to pull wire through holes in body. Snap the lines
through top notches in reel (Fig. 26 and Fig. 27).
Wrap Top CCW
Wrap Bottom CCW
lines through holes in
body while inserting
reel back into body.
Hold reel in place
against spring pres -
sure (Fig. 28).
ton and nut onto threads by turning CW (Fig. 29).
shown (Fig. 30).
ALL RIGHT RESERVED 2008-2009