SAFETY WARNINGS FOR PROPANE UNITS
NOTE: Use propane only in containers speci cally
designed and approved for this unit. Propane is a
combustible gas, it is colorless and thus invisible to the
naked eye. Propane has a harmless odorant added so
that it is possible to smell it. The user should be familiar
with the smell of propane (smells like sulfur or rotten
eggs). If at any time the smell of propane is identi ed,
turn o the engine. If the leak persists, remove the pro -
pane canister. Never attempt to operate a unit that has
a suspected leak. Always remove the propane canister
from any unit that has a suspected leak.
CARBON MONOXIDE HAZARD
Burning propane makes Carbon Monoxide (CO). CO is
invisible, has no smell and can kill you. Operating your
trimmer in an enclosed area can be dangerous.
1. Use only in well ventilated areas. If you experience
headache, drowsiness, or nausea, turn unit o and
get fresh air quickly.
2. Never use where people are sleeping.
3. Follow unit instructions for proper use.
HANDLING & STORAGE
1. Keep out of reach of children.
2. Never expose cylinder to heat, sparks, or ame.
Never leave in direct sunlight. Never store at tem -
peratures above 120 degrees F
3. Never store in living spaces.
4. Always use cylinder until it is completely empty.
5. Never re ll a disposable cylinder. Re lling may cause
an explosion. Federal law forbids transportation if re -
lled, a penalty up to $500,000, and 5 years impris -
onment (49 U.S.C. 5124).
6. Never put in luggage or take on trains or aircraft.
7. To discard, contact local refuse hauler or recycle cen -
ter. Never put in re or incinerator. Do not puncture. If
your cylinder was purchased with a "Green Key" * or
similar device, install it when empty and cylinder may
be recycled with other steel items.
* Green Key- is a trademark of the Coleman company
NOTE: FIRE/EXPLOSION HAZARD
Contains enough gas to cause serious re, explosion,
and burns. To reduce chance of leak, re, or explosion,
take the following precautions:
1. Check cylinder and appliance seals. Never use with
2. Turn trimmer o .
3. Attach cylinder outdoors away from pilot lights, ames,
4. Hand tighten only. Never use tools to tighten. Over-
5. Check for leaks. Put soapy water on connections.
6. Read and follow appliance instructions.
Never use near pilot lights, ames, sparks, or other
ignition sources. They can ignite leaking gas.
1. Turn trimmer o and let cool.
2. Detach cylinder when not in use.
3. Detach outdoors away from pilot lights, ames, sparks,
4. Replace cap to keep valve clean.
IN CASE OF FIRE
1. Leave area quickly and call for help.
2. Let cylinder burn out.
damaged or missing seals. Discard cylinder if dirt or
rust particles are in valve area.
sparks or other ignition sources. These sources can
ignite leaking gas.
tightening can damage seals.
Look for bubbles. Listen for hiss of escaping gas. Feel
for extreme cold. Smell for rotten egg odor. Do not
use if leaking.
or other ignition sources, they can ignite leaking gas.
PROPANE IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE,
AND ITS VAPORS CAN EXPLODE IF
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2008-2009