Back to Contents Page
Dell™ Vostro™ 1710
Camera and Microphone Assembly
Removing the Display Assembly
Before you begin the following procedure, follow the safety instructions that shipped with your computer.
1. Follow the instructions in
Before Working on Your
2. Disconnect the antenna from the WLAN card (see
3. With the computer facing bottom side up, remove the two M2.5 x 8-mm screws that attach the display assembly to both corners of the computer.
4. With the computer facing bottom side up, remove the M2.5 x 5-mm screw located at the bottom of the battery bay near the edge of the computer.
5. Remove the hinge cover (see
6. Remove the keyboard (see
7. With the computer facing top side up, remove in sequential order the three numbered M2.5 x 5-mm screws from the base of the display assembly.
8. Remove the screw that secures the display cable to the base of the display assembly.
9. Disconnect the display cable from the display cable connector on the system board.
Ensure that the antenna cables do not get caught beneath the plastic tabs on the palm rest.
10. Lift the antenna cables from beneath the tabs on the palm rest and slide the antenna cable out from underneath the palm rest.
11. Lift the display assembly out of the computer.
Removing a WLAN
Removing the Hinge