4. Disconnect all telephone or network cables from the computer.
5. Disconnect your computer and all attached devices from their electrical outlets.
To help prevent damage to the system board, you must remove the battery from the battery bay before you service the computer.
To avoid damage to the computer, use only the battery designed for this particular Dell computer. Do not use batteries designed for other Dell
6. Turn the computer over.
7. Slide and click the battery latch release.
8. Slide the battery out of the battery bay.
9. Turn the computer top-side up, open the display, and press the power button to ground the system board.
Back to Contents Page
battery-bay latch release