4. Ground yourself by touching one of the metal connectors on the back of the computer.
If you leave the area, ground yourself again when you return to the computer.
5. Remove the M2 x 3-mm securing screw.
In case of an UWB card, disconnect the blue antenna cable from the UWB card.
6. Remove the FCM or UWB card.
M2 x 3-mm securing screw
Replacing the FCM or UWB
Install the FCM or UWB in the WWAN or WPAN slot. Do not install an FCM or UWB in the WLAN card slot. Doing so may cause damage to your
1. Insert the FCM or UWB connector at a 45-degree angle into the system board connector labeled "FCM" or "UWB."
2. Press the other end of the FCM or UWB down into the slot on the system board until the card clicks into place.
3. Replace the M2 x 3-mm securing screw.
In case of an UWB card, reconnect the blue antenna cable to the UWB card.
4. Secure unused antenna cables in the protective mylar sleeve.
5. Replace the cover and tighten the captive screws.
Back to Contents Page