Recovering from a recovery backup
To recover from a recovery backup on a USB drive:
1. Find your recovery backup.
2. If your computer does not have a built-in keyboard, make sure a
keyboard is attached to your computer.
3. Plug in the USB drive and turn on your computer.
4. If it is not already enabled, you must enable the F12 Boot Menu:
a. Press <F2> when starting your computer.
b. Use the left or right arrow keys to select the Main menu.
c. Press the down key until F12 Boot Menu is selected, press <F5> to
change this setting to Enabled.
d. Use the left or right arrow keys to select the Exit menu.
e. Depending on the type of BIOS your computer uses, select Save
Changes and Exit or Exit Saving Changes and press Enter. Select
OK or Yes to confirm.
f. Your computer will restart.
5. During startup, press <F12> to open the boot menu. The boot menu
allows you to select which device to start from, select the USB drive.
a. Use your arrow keys to select USB Device, then press Enter.
b. Windows starts from the recovery backup instead of the normal
6. Select your keyboard type.
Recovery - 53