• Using the computer on constant AC power with the battery inserted. If
you want to use constant AC power, you are advised to remove the
battery pack after it is fully charged.
• Not discharging and recharging the battery to its extremes, as described
• Frequent use; the more you use the battery, the faster it will reach the
end of its effective life. A standard computer battery has a life span of
about 300 charges.
Optimizing battery life
Optimizing battery life helps you get the most out of battery operation,
prolonging the charge/recharge cycle and improving recharging efficiency.
You are advised to follow the suggestions set out below:
• Purchase an extra battery pack.
• Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.
• Remove accessories that are not being used (e.g. a USB disk drive), as
they can continue to draw power.
• Store the battery pack in a cool, dry place. The recommended
temperature is 10° C (50° F) to 30° C (86° F). Higher temperatures
cause the battery to self-discharge faster.
• Excessive recharging decreases the battery life.
• Look after your AC adapter and battery.
62 - Battery pack