• Password on Boot secures your computer against unauthorized use.
Combine the use of this password with password checkpoints on boot-
up and resume from Hibernation (if available) for maximum security.
Important: Do not forget your Supervisor Password! If you forget
your password, please get in touch with your dealer or an
authorized service center.
When a password is set, a password prompt appears in the center of the
• When the Supervisor Password is set, a prompt appears when you the
• Type the Supervisor Password and press <Enter> to access the BIOS
utility. If you enter the password incorrectly, a warning message
appears. Try again and press <Enter>.
• When the User Password is set and the password on boot parameter is
enabled, a prompt appears at boot-up.
• Type the User Password and press <Enter> to use the computer. If you
enter the password incorrectly, a warning message appears. Try again
and press <Enter>.
Important: You have three chances to enter a password. If you
fail to enter the password correctly after three tries, the system
halts. Press and hold the power button for four seconds to shut
down the computer. Then turn on the computer again, and try
Securing your computer - 73