Conditioning a new battery pack
Before you use a battery pack for the first time, there is a conditioning
process that you should follow:
1. Insert the new battery without turning the computer on.
2. Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery.
3. Disconnect the AC adapter.
4. Turn on the computer and operate using battery power.
5. Fully deplete the battery until the battery-low warning appears.
6. Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and
discharged three times.
Use this conditioning process for all new batteries, or if a battery hasn't
been used for a long time. If the computer is to be stored for more than
two weeks, you are advised to remove the battery pack from the unit.
Warning! Do not expose battery packs to temperatures below 0°
C (32° F) or above 45° C (113° F). Extreme temperatures may
adversely affect the battery pack.
By following the battery conditioning process you condition your battery to
accept the maximum possible charge. Failure to follow this procedure will
prevent you from obtaining the maximum battery charge, and will also
shorten the effective lifespan of the battery.
In addition, the useful lifespan of the battery is adversely affected by the
following usage patterns:
Battery pack - 61