• The brightness level might be too low. Press <Fn> + < > (increase) to
adjust the brightness level.
• The display device might be set to an external monitor. Press the
display toggle hotkey <Fn> + <F5> to toggle the display back to the
• If the Sleep indicator is lit, the computer is in Sleep mode. Press and
release the power button to resume.
No audio is heard from the computer
Check the following:
• The volume may be muted. In Windows, look at the volume control
(speaker) icon on the taskbar. If it is crossed-out, click the icon and
deselect the Mute all option.
• The volume level may be too low. In Windows, look at the volume
control icon on the taskbar. You can also use the volume control buttons
to adjust the volume.
• If headphones, earphones or external speakers are connected to the
line-out port on the computer, the internal speakers automatically turn
The keyboard does not respond
Try attaching an external keyboard to a USB port on the computer. If it
works, contact your dealer or an authorized service center as the internal
keyboard cable may be loose.
Frequently asked questions - 83