SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS cont.
SAFETY RULES FOR BATTERY CHARGER STAND / TRANSFORMER cont.
Some dust created by using power tools contains chemicals
known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
Some examples of these chemicals are:
• Lead from lead-based paints.
• Crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products.
• Arsenic and chromium, from chemically treated lumber.
Your risk from these exposures varies, depending upon how often you do
this type of work. To reduce your exposure to these chemicals:
• Work in a well-ventilated area.
• Work with approved safety equipment, such as those dust masks that are specially
designed to filter out microscopic particles.
Avoid prolonged contact with dust from power sanding, sawing, grinding,
drilling and other construction activities. Wear protective clothing and wash
exposed areas with soap and water. Allowing dust to get into your mouth,
eyes, or lay on the skin may promote absorption of harmful chemicals.
Use of this tool can generate and/or disburse dust, which
may cause serious and permanent respiratory or other injury. Always use
NIOSH/OSHA approved respiratory protection appropriate for the dust exposure.
Direct particles away from face and body.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR SAFE OPERATION
BE SURE to read and understand all instructions. Failure to
follow all instructions listed may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious
1. Know your drill / driver. Read operator's manual carefully. Learn the applications
and limitations, as well as the specific potential hazards related to this tool. Following
this rule will reduce the risk of electric shock, fire or serious injury.
2. ALWAYS wear safety glasses or eye shields when using this drill / driver.
Everyday eyeglasses have only impact-resistant lenses; they are NOT safety glasses.
3. PROTECT your lungs. Wear a face mask or dust mask if the operation is dusty.
4. PROTECT your hearing. Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use.
Under some conditions noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
5. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Refer to them frequently and use them to instruct
others who may use this tool. If someone borrows this tool, make sure they have
these instructions also.
This product has been shipped completely assembled.
1. Carefully remove the tool and accessories from the box.
2. Make sure that all items listed in the packing list are included.
3. Inspect the tool carefully to make sure no breakage or damage occurred
4. Do not discard the packing material until you have carefully inspected and
satisfactorily operated the tool.
5. If any parts are missing, return to the nearest Sears store or other Craftsman
outlet to have the Drill / Driver replaced.
1. Drill / Driver with Battery Pack (in Drill)
2. Charging Stand / Transformer
3. 2 Double Ended
4. Operator's Manual
If any parts are missing do not operate this tool until the
missing parts are replaced. Failure to do so could result in possible serious
Do not attempt to modify this tool or create accessories not
recommended for use with this tool. Any such alteration or modification is misuse
and could result in a hazardous condition leading to possible serious personal
To prevent accidental starting that could cause serious
personal injury, always remove the battery pack from the tool when