SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS cont.
SPECIFIC SAFETY RULES FOR CORDLESS DRILL / DRIVERS cont.
14. Do not charge battery pack in a damp or wet location. Following this rule will
reduce the risk of electric shock.
15. For best results, your battery pack should be charged in a location where the
temperature is more than 50°F but less that 100°F. Do not store battery outside or
16. Under extreme usage or temperature conditions, battery leakage may occur.
If liquid comes in contact with your skin, wash immediately with soap and water,
then neutralize with lemon juice or vinegar. If liquid gets into your eyes, flush
them with clean water for at least 10 minutes, then seek immediate medical
attention. Following this rule will reduce the risk of serious personal injury.
17. Save these instructions. Refer to them frequently and use them to instruct others
who may use this tool. If you loan someone this tool, loan them these instructions also
to prevent misuse of the product and possible injury.
SAFETY RULES FOR BATTERY CHARGER STAND / TRANSFORMER
READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS. Failure to
follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and / or
serious personal injury.
NOTE: Before using battery charging stand/transformer, read all instructions
and cautionary markings in this manual, on battery charging stand/transformer,
battery pack, and drill/driver using battery pack to prevent misuse of the
products and possible injury or damage.
USE ONLY the specifically designated charging
stand/transformer that was supplied with this drill/driver when charging the
battery pack. The use of any other charging stand/transformer could damage
the battery pack and create a hazardous condition.
To reduce the risk of electric shock or damage to the charging
stand/transformer and battery pack, charge only the specifically designated
Companion battery pack that was included with this drill/driver and the charging
stand/transformer. Charging other types of battery packs may cause them to
burst, causing personal injury and damage.
1. Do not use the charging stand/transformer outdoors or expose to wet or damp
conditions. Water entering charging stand will increase the risk of electric shock.
2. Use of an attachment with this charging stand/transformer that is not recommended
may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS cont.
SAFETY RULES FOR BATTERY CHARGER STAND / TRANSFORMER cont.
3. Do not abuse the cord on the charging stand. Never carry the charging stand/
transformer by its power cord. Never pull the power cord to remove the transformer from the
power outlet. Damage to the cord or charging stand/transformer could occur and create an
electric shock hazard. Keep cord away from heat, oil, sharp edges or moving parts. Replace
damaged cords immediately. Damaged cords increase the risk of electric shock.
4. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, come in
contact with sharp edges or moving parts, heat, oil, or otherwise subjected
to damage or stress. This will reduce the risk of accidental falls, which could cause
injury, and damage to the cord which could result in electric shock.
5. Keep cord and charging stand/transformer away from heat to prevent damage to
housing or internal parts.
6. Do not let gasoline, oils, petroleum-based products, etc. come in contact with
plastic parts. They contain chemicals which can damage, weaken or destroy plastic.
7. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Use of improper
extension cord could result in a risk of fire and electric shock. If an extension cord must be
used, make sure: a) That pins on plug of extension cord are the same number, size and
shape as those of transformer on charger, b) That extension cord is properly wired and in
good electrical condition, and c) That you use a proper extension cord. ONLY use cords
listed by Underwriters Laboratories (UL). Other extension cords can cause a drop in line
voltage, resulting in a loss of power and overheating of charging stand/transformer. An
AWG (American Wire Gauge) size of at least 14-gauge is recommended for an extension
cord of 25-ft. or less in length. Use 12-gauge for an extension cord of 50-ft. Extension
cords 100-ft. or longer are not recommended.
8. INSPECT tool cords for damage. Do not operate charging stand with a damaged cord or
transformer, which could cause shorting and electric shock. Have damaged tool cords
repaired at a Sears Service Center.
9. Do not operate charging stand/transformer if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped,
or otherwise damaged in any way. Take it to an authorized serviceman for electrical check to
determine if the charging stand/transformer is in good working order.
10. Do not disassemble charging stand/transformer. Take it to a Sears Parts and Repair Center
when service or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric
shock or fire.
11. Disconnect charging stand/transformer from the power supply when not in use.
This will reduce the risk of electric shock or damage if metal items should fall into the opening in
the charging stand. It also will help prevent damage during a power surge.
12. Risk of electric shock. Do not touch un-insulated portion of output connector or un-insulated
13. Save these instructions. Refer to them frequently and use them to instruct others who may use
this tool. If you loan someone this tool, loan them these instructions also to prevent misuse of the
product and possible injury.