CLEANING AND CARE
● When used for extended periods, the unit may accumulate dirt inside, reducing its performance. We recommend that the unit
be inspected regularly, in addition to your own cleaning and care. For more information, consult authorized service personnel.
● When cleaning the unit's body, do not use water hotter than 40 °C, harsh abrasive cleansers, or volatile agents like benzene or thinner.
● Do not expose the unit body to liquid insecticides or hairsprays.
● If the unit will not be operated for a period of 1 month or more, be sure to allow the inner parts of the unit to dry thoroughly,
in advance, by operating the unit in fan mode for half a day.
Cleaning the Air Filter
1. Pull out both sides and the center of the
About 30 mm
2. Pull the air ﬁ lters upward to remove them.
Push the air ﬁ lter handles away from the intake grille in di-
rection [A], then pull out the air ﬁ lters.
3. Clean the air ﬁ lters.
Remove the dust from the air ﬁ lters by vacuuming or wash-
ing them. After washing, allow the air filters to dry thor-
oughly in an area protected from sunlight.
Filter Reset (ECONOMY Indicator Lamp ﬂ ashing/ The special setting)
● Can be used if set correctly during installation.
Please consult authorized serviceman when using this function.
• It lights on when it is time to clean the air ﬁ lters.
After turning the power on, press the MANUAL AUTO button
for 2 seconds or less on the indoor unit.
● Before cleaning the air conditioner, be sure to turn it off and disconnect the power supply cable.
● Be sure the intake grille is installed securely.
● When removing and replacing the air ﬁ lters, be sure not to touch the heat exchanger, as personal
injury may result.
4. Re-attach the air ﬁ lters to the intake grille.
(1) The air ﬁ lters ﬁ t onto the inside of the intake grille. (Figure 1)
(2) The bottom edges of the air ﬁ lters should ﬁ t into the ﬁ lter
brackets. (Figure 1)
(3) The air ﬁ lters should be pushed down so that their top
edges ﬁ t under the projections at the top of the intake
grille. (Figure 2)
5. Push in both sides and the center of the
● Dust can be cleaned from the air ﬁ lter either with a vacuum
cleaner, or by washing the ﬁ lter in a solution of mild deter-
gent and warm water. If you wash the ﬁ lter, be sure to allow
it to dry thoroughly in a shady place before reinstalling.
● If dirt is allowed to accumulate on the air ﬁ lter, air ﬂ ow will
be reduced, lowering operating efficiency and increasing