It is recommended
that the vent system be installed before
hood is installed.
Before making cutouts, make sure there is proper clearance
within the ceiling or wall for exhaust vent.
Check your ceiling height and the hood height maximum
before you select your hood.
2. Determine which venting method to use: roof, wall, or non-
3. Select a flat surface for assembling the range hood. Place
covering over that surface.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
4. Using 2 or more people, lift range hood onto covered surface.
Range Hood Mounting
5. Determine and mark the centerline on the wall where the
canopy hood will be installed.
6. Select a mounting height between a minimum of
24" (61.0 cm) for an electric cooking surface, a minimum
of 27" (68.6 cm) for a gas cooking surface, and a suggested
maximum of 36" (91.4 cm) above the range to the bottom
of the hood. Mark a reference line on the wall.
7. Tape template in place, aligning the template centerline and
bottom of template with hood bottom line and with the
centerline marked on the wall.
B. Fastener locations
C. Mounting height reference
Mark centers of the fastener locations through the template
to the wall.
IMPORTANT: All screws must be installed into wood. If there
is no wood to screw into, additional wall framing supports
may be required.
Remove the template.
9. Drill 3/le"(4.8 mm) pilot holes at all locations where screws are
being installed into wood.
10. Install the 2 - 5 x 45 mm mounting screws. Leave a
1/4"(6.4 mm) gap between the wall and the back of the screw
head to slide range hood into place.
Vent Cover Support Bracket Installation
Installations using telescoping
upper and lower vent cover
1. Position vent cover bracket on wall about 1/8"(3.0 mm) away
from the ceiling.
2. Mark the hole locations.
3. Drill 3/8"(9.5 mm) holes for wall anchors and insert anchors
flush with the wall.
o- q_:_ ....................
A. 8 x 40 mm drywall anchors
B. Centerline on wall
C. Vent cover support bracket
D. 5 x 45 mm screws
4. Attach vent cover support bracket to wall.
1. Determine and make all necessary cuts in the wall for the vent
system. Install the vent system before installing the hood. See
2. Determine the required height for the home power supply
cable and drill a 11¼ '' (3.2 cm) hole at this location.
3. Run the home power supply cable according to the National
Electrical Code or CSA Standards and local codes and
ordinances. There must be enough 1/2"conduit and wires from
the fused disconnect
(or circuit breaker) box to make the
in the hood's electrical terminal box.
NOTE: Do not reconnect power until installation is complete.
4. Use caulk to seal all openings.