Clean the hood and grease filters frequently
according to the following instructions. Replace grease filters
before operating hood.
To avoid damage to the exterior surface, do not use steel wool or
soap-filled scouring pads.
Always wipe dry to avoid water marks.
Liquid detergent soap and water, or all-purpose
Wipe with damp soft cloth or nonabrasive sponge, then rinse
with clean water and wipe dry.
Metal Grease Filter
The filters should be washed frequently. Place metal filters in
dishwasher or hot detergent solution to clean.
Let filter dry thoroughly
before replacing it.
Turn off fan and lights. Allow halogen lamp to cool.
1. Remove each filter by pulling the spring release handle and
then pulling down the filter.
A. Spring release handle
2. Wash metal filters as needed in dishwasher or hot detergent
3. Reinstall the filter by making sure the spring release handles
are toward the front. Insert metal grease filter into upper
4. Pull the spring release handle down.
5. Push up on metal filter and release handle to latch into place.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for the other filter.
Non-Vented (recirculating) Installation Filters
The charcoal filter is not washable. It should last up to 6 months
with normal use. Replace with Charcoal Filter Kit Number
To replace charcoal filter:
1. Cover the grille that covers the blower motor with the
charcoal filter so that the slots on the filter correspond to the
pins on the sides of the motor grille.
A. Charcoal filter
C. Blower motor
2. Turn the charcoal filter clockwise to lock it.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 on the other filter.
Turn off the range hood and allow the halogen lamp to cool. To
avoid damage or decreasing the life of the new lamp, do not
touch lamp with bare fingers. Replace lamp, using tissue or
wearing cotton gloves to handle lamp.
If new lights do not operate, make sure the lamps are inserted
correctly before calling service.
2. Use a flat-blade screwdriver and gently pry the light cover
3. Remove the lamp and replace with a 12-volt, 20-watt
maximum, halogen lamp made for a G-4 base.
4. Replace the light cover.
5. Reconnect power.