3. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this manual is correct. If any error or omission is found, contact us directly or an authorized Canon representative. 4. Canon is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, arising from or related to the use of this viewer. Copyrights...
Terms and Definitions Tap: Operation to touch the liquid crystal screen once with the stylus, a writing tool attached to the Pocket PC terminal. Tap-and-hold: Operation to tap the stylus on an item and hold it for a while. Use this to display a menu.
• Network Camera Server VB150 • Network Camera VB-C10/VB-C10R * When you are using the Network Camera Server VB101, upgrade the firmware to Ver. 3.0 (free) to use the viewer. For the latest information, visit the Web site below. http://www.canon.com/webview/...
Select Settings from the Start menu and tap System. Tap Remove Programs. Select Canon Livescope from the list and tap the Remove button. Reset your Pocket PC as there is a possibility that the application icon may remain on the screen Uninstallation is now complete.
3. Starting and Closing the Viewer 3-1. Starting the Viewer 3-1-1. To start up from the viewer Tap the icon of the viewer in the Programs folder to start up the viewer. No connection to the camera server is established when the viewer is started up independently ( P.
4. Connecting to the Camera Server Connection to the camera server can be established in two major methods as follows. 4-1. Connecting to the Camera Server by Entering Address Directly Enter IP address or host name in the address box ( P. 5) directly and tap the Enter key. The video port ( P.
5-1-2. Full Screen Mode Tap the Full Screen button ( P. 5) to switch to Full Screen Mode when the viewer is in Normal Mode. 1. Image Window 2. Camera Control/ View Settings menu 3. Zoom Indicator 4. Pan Indicator 5.
5-2. Operating the Camera 5-2-1. Obtaining Camera Control Privileges Although more than a client can connect to the same camera server, the client who can control the camera is limited to only the client currently holding control privileges. Camera control privileges can be obtained by the following methods. Normal Mode Full Screen Mode Control Status panel...
5-2-2. Adjusting Pan/Tilt Angle of the Camera First obtain camera control privileges and then tap the point that you want to focus the camera on the image window ( P. 5, 6). The camera pans and tilts to make that point the center of the image.
5-2-6. Saving a Snapshot A live image can be saved as a snapshot. 1. Under File, select Pause to pause the live image. 2. Under File, tap Save to display the Save As dialog box. 3. Enter Name, Folder and Location and tap the OK button.
1) To Add Camera Site Tap the Add button on Camera Site List. Enter each item correctly in the Camera Site List (Add) dialog box and tap the OK button. Site Name: Enter the name of the site that is displayed in Camera Site or the Address box. Address: Enter the IP address or host name of the server to connect.
2) To Edit Camera Site Settings Tap the Edit button on Camera Site List. Change the settings in the Camera Site List (Edit) dialog box and tap the OK button. 3) To Delete Camera Site Select the site you wish to delete from Camera Site List. Tap the Delete button.
5-3-2. Changing Screen Size You can change the image size (Screen Size) displayed on the viewer. Follow the procedure below to change the Screen Size settings. In the View menu, tap Image Size Settings. In the Image Size Settings dialog box, select the desired Screen Size and tap the OK button. When Screen Size is set to 320 x 240 (Virtual) and Received Image Size is set to 320 x 240, the viewer displays the image as it is.
5-3-4. Displaying Camera Position Camera Position Indicators can be shown or hidden. Normal Mode Full Screen Mode Tap Camera Position Display on the View menu. Tap Camera Position Display on the Camera Control/View Settings menu. When you have control privileges, the indicators are displayed in yellow and when you do not have control privileges, the indicators are displayed in light blue.
5-3-6. User Authentication When the camera server limits the clients to access to the server, the User Authentication dialog is displayed. Enter User Name and Password in the text box ( P. 10). When User Name and Password are registered in the camera site list, user authorization is executed automatically and the User Authentication dialog box is not displayed ( P.
6. Troubleshooting Cannot reinstall the viewer. • When the viewer is running, the viewer cannot be reinstalled. Close the viewer and uninstall it. Then reset your Pocket PC terminal and reinstall the viewer ( P. 2). Cannot start up the viewer. •...
Images are refreshed at a slow rate. • Depending on various conditions such as when the settings of video capture size or quality are specified to a high level at the camera server, or when the network is busy, refreshing of the images may take time. Cannot establish a dial-up connection.
7. Error Messages Error messages are displayed only when the viewer is in Normal Mode ( P. 5). Message No response from the server. Operation/Status To connect to the server. Condition Connection to the video server has failed. Message No response from the camera control server. You can use video only.
15955 Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618 USA CANON U.S.A.,INC. HONOLULU OFFICE 210 Ward Avenue, Suite 200 Honolulu, HI 96814 USA If you have any questions, call the Canon U.S.A. Information Center toll-free at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666) (U.S.A.only) CANADA CANON CANADA INC.NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS 6390 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 1P7 CANON CANADA INC.