HP NetServer LD Pro, LH, LH Plus, LH Pro, LS, LX Pro, LXe Pro NetWare Installation Guide May 15, 1997 This document presents the most important information that you need to install NetWare. The first part of this document is a list of helpful tips on NOS installation, the second part is a step-by-step installation guide.
Installing the SCSI Drivers on NetWare 4.10 Installing the SCSI Drivers on NetWare 4.11/IntranetWare III. Installing the HP Disk Array Controller Drivers on NetWare 3.12, 4.10, and 4.11/IntranetWare Requirements Installing the HP Disk Array Controller Driver on NetWare 3.12 Installing the HP Disk Array Controller Driver on NetWare 4.10 IV.
DSK Files for the HP SCSI Driver Where stated in this document, it is important to use the files that are provided by HP rather than the files that come with NetWare. If you are using a Network Interface Card whose .LAN file did not come with NetWare, you may have to modify a line in the AUTOEXEC.NCF file to show the correct path to the subdirectory on the hard disk.
Use this driver: Superdisk 3.0 10/31/94, filename: smc8232.lan, version 1.13 for NetWare 3.12. Be sure to call for latest driver. Interrupts (IRQS) to Avoid Some systems may not work well when the LAN card is configured to use interrupts 2, 7, 9, or 15. IRQ 2 and 9 are cascading interrupts, NetWare uses 7 and 15 as software interrupts.
system directory cache buffers handle this directory loading during volume mounting. If there are not enough directory buffers allocated to this process, the system will have a long delay while waiting for the occupied buffers to clear up and to load the new directory entries.
II. Installing the HP NetServer SCSI Drivers on NetWare 3.12, 4.10, and 4.11/IntranetWare These instructions describe installing the NetWare 3.12 and 4.10 SCSI drivers for the embedded PCI SCSI controllers. Requirements To install the HP NetServer embedded SCSI controller NetWare driver, you need the following: HP NetServer Navigator CD-ROM to generate NetWare, and DOS SCSI drivers (provided with the system).
DOS/Windows version 6.0 or later. The MSCDEX driver also supports a driver signature parameter (for example, /D:driver1). The name used for this parameter must match the name used for the ASPICD.SYS driver signature parameter. 5. Add the following line to your AUTOEXEC.BAT file: /L: logical drive letter C:\DOS\MSCDEX /D:driver1 Example: If you connect your CD-ROM drive to a PCI SCSI controller such as the...
For the NetServer LX and LXe, the slot number you may use are 127 and 128. 5. Follow the instructions to continue the installation process. When you come to the point where you create the STARTUP.NCF file, make sure that the slot numbers are correct.
3. Create a DOS partition (50MB) and install the CD-ROM drive for the DOS environment as explained in "Installing the SCSI Drivers on NetWare 3.12" above. 4. Remove the HP Navigator CD-ROM and insert the NetWare 4.11/IntranetWare CD-ROM 5. Change to CD-ROM drive by entering the logical drive letter you assigned to your CD-ROM drive, for example: Then type: Install...
ROM. At this point you will have a chance to DESELECT or SELECT the drivers. If a driver that comes with NetWare 4.11/IntranetWare CD- ROM does not work or is not the driver you want, you can DESELECT this driver and SELECT the right driver from a floppy disk (created driver diskette, LAN drivers diskette from vendors, or from another CD) .
4. Insert the Drivers Diskette into drive A. 5. Run the INSTALL program by typing A:\install. 6. Follow the on-line instructions to install the HPDA driver to drive C: When you see the Enter Server Directory screen, type: C:\SERVER.312 The install utility copies HPDA drivers and information related to the disk array to drive C.
IV. Installing the HP NetRAID Disk Array Drivers on NetWare 3.12, 4.10, and 4.11/IntranetWare These instructions describe installing the NetWare 4.11/IntranetWare, 4.10, and 3.12 HP NetRAID drivers on the HP NetServer systems. Requirements To install the HP NetRAID NetWare driver, you need the following: HP NetServer Navigator CD to generate NetRAID drivers (shipped with the system) A blank, formatted diskette...
9. After the system loads SERVER.EXE (automatically, as part of the installation process) at the NetWare prompt, enter the following command: load Mega3_1x.DSK 10. Continue the installation process. NetWare 4.10 and HP NetRAID Drivers 1. Use the MS DOS diskettes to create a 20-50 MB DOS partition on drive C. Format the partition and install the DOS operating system.
11. After the drivers are loaded, press the Alt and Esc keys simultaneously to go back to the installation screen. 12. Continue the installation process by pressing F10 and selecting "Use CD ROM to get driver" 13. Proceed with the installation. NetWare 4.11/IntranetWare and HP NetRAID Drivers 1.
In "Driver Actions" box, highlight the "Select additional or modify selected Disk/LAN drivers" option. The cursor will jump to the Drive Name box. Press Enter. 10. Highlight the "Select an additional driver" option. Press Enter. 11. Press the Insert key to install an unlisted driver. 12.
load Mega3_1x.DSK 9. From the NetWare prompt, enter the command Load install Use the Disk Option and Volume Option to create a NetWare partition and volume. Remember to update the AUTOEXEC and STARTUP.NCF files. NetWare 4.10 and HP NetRAID Drivers 1.
NetWare 4.11/IntranetWare and HP NetRAID Drivers 1. Down the server. 2. Insert the HP NetRAID adapter, cable, and disk array drives. 3. Boot the HP NetServer using the HP NetServer Navigator CD. 4. Follow the instructions to configure the HP NetRAID disk array and create a drivers diskette for NetWare 4.11/IntranetWare.
2. Follow the on-line instruction to create a "Driver Diskette". This Driver Diskette contains the drivers for SCSI controllers and LAN cards. 3. Follow the instructions listed in Section 2, above, to install NetWare. The installation process for each NetWare version is different. Follow the instructions below for the specific version of NetWare that you've installed: Installing the J3171A LAN Card Driver on NetWare 3.12 For NetWare 3.12, the system will not search for LAN card drivers.
C:\NWSERVER\server 4. Enter the commands: LOAD C:MSM LOAD C:ETHERTSM LOAD HPTX Frame=Ethernet_802.2 BIND IPX TO HPTX Note the slot number for the HPTX driver when it loads. 5. Enter the command: LOAD INSTALL 6. In the " NCF files options " menu, select "Create AUTOEXEC.NCF file". 7.
3. Press <Enter> key to choose the driver and continue the installation process. Do not specify Slot Number in the "HPTX_1 Parameters" screen Section 4. Installing NetWare on HP NetServer LX with 4GB Memory The following is the procedure on how to install NetWare on an HP NetServer LX system with 4GB of memory.
HP Network Server Division BBS: 408-553-3500 Section 6. HP NetServer CD Status Report HP has a new FAX service to ensure that you have access to the newest versions of HP NetServer system software. To obtain an HP NetServer CD Status Report via FAX, perform the following: 1.