HP NetServer LC 2000r Power Supply Upgrade Kit
This sheet describes the steps you need to perform to install the HP NetServer Power Supply Upgrade Kit. The kit
adds an additional power supply module (PSM) to the PSM that come standard with the server. The additional PSM
allows the server to keep operating should the original PSM fail.
Installing the Power Supply
To install a power supply module (PSM) in the open bay of the power supply cage, follow these steps:
1. Loosen the thumbscrews from the filler panel of the open bay and remove the filler panel.
You do not need to turn off power to the HP NetServer when you are adding a redundant power
supply because the PSM is a hot-swap module.
2. Set the new PSM in the open bay (see Figure 1).
Use two hands when lifting a PSM. Use one hand to hold the handle, and use the other to support
the weight of the PSM.
3. Push in the PSM, seat it firmly, and tighten the thumbscrews.
The PSM is now installed.
4. Install the AC power cord.
5. Check that the LED at the front of each power supply is shining green. This confirms that the power supply is
HP Part Number 5969-2109
Printed in October 1999
Figure 1. Inserting the New Power Supply in the Open Bay