Installation To Wood Joist Ceilings
• Installer must verify that the supporting surface will safely support the combined load of the equipment and all
attached hardware and components.
• Tighten wood screws so that projector mount assembly is firmly attached, but do not overtighten. Overtightening
can damage the screws, greatly reducing their holding power.
• Never tighten in excess of 80 in. • lb (9 N.M.).
• Make sure that mounting screws are anchored into the center of the stud. The use of an "edge to edge" stud finder
is highly recommended.
• Hardware provided is for attachment of mount through standard thickness drywall or plaster into wood studs.
Installers are responsible to provide hardware for other types of mounting situations (not evaluated by UL).
Place projector mount assembly (A) on ceiling as a template and mark the center of the two mounting holes.
Make sure that the mounting holes are in the center of the wood joist. Drill two 5/32" (4 mm) dia. holes to a
minimum depth of 2.5" (64 mm). Attach projector mount assembly (A) with two #14 x 2.5" wood screws (F) and
two flat washers (E) as shown in figure 2.1 or figure 2.2 depending on joist orientation.
NOTE: Mounting slots on projector mount assembly allow for 30° (±15°) of swivel adjustment before fully securing
Tighten wood screws (F) using 3/8" (10mm) socket wrench, phillips screwdriver or 10mm open end wrench until
projector mount assembly (A) is firmly attached.
Skip to step 5.
Visit the Peerless Web Site at www.peerlessmounts.com
ACCESS SLOT FOR
OPEN END WRENCH
OF WOOD SCREW
ARROW ON TOP OF
FRONT OF MOUNT
5 of 10
ISSUED: 10-01-10 SHEET #: 056-9034-4 07-29-11
For customer care call 1-800-865-2112