Troubleshooting and Technical Information
This chapter has two sections, Troubleshooting and Technical Information. The
troubleshooting section covers some basic things you can do in the event that you
encounter problems using the card in your system. The Technical Information section has
information on the card specifications.
If the card and devices connected to it do not seem to be working properly check the
1. Check that all cables are securely connected.
2. Check that the correct cables are in use. If a device requires power from the
1394/FireWire bus, 6-pin cabling must be used.
3. Make sure all devices are turned on.
4. Make sure the devices are getting the power they require.
5. If a powered repeater is connected, make sure it is turned on.
6. If the devices are connected in a daisy chain and you have problems after
disconnecting a device, please reconnect the device. Normally, the device will be
enabled. If not, please restart the computer and see if the problem clears up.
7. Make sure there isn't a problem with the card installation. If your I394U card doesn't
work properly, please check the card's status in the Device Manager. If there is an
exclamation mark beside the device, then shutdown the computer, open the system,
and ensure that the card is fully and firmly seated in the slot connector. Reinstall the
system covers and power on the computer. If the exclamation mark still displays,
please contact your vendor.
1394 R/A flat connector X3
Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, or Windows 2000
3-port PHY layer connector and interface
400 Mbps max transfer rate (50 MB/sec max)
63 (4-pin or 6-pin) computer and consumer device connections
Asynchronous and isochronous data transfer supported
Real-time critical applications (digital video) supported
Non real-time applications (printers, scanners) supported