Contents 1.Introduction......................1 2.Warnings and Precautions.................2 3.Install........................4 4.Management Software..................5 5.Main Function....................8 6.LED Operation....................21...
1.Introduction Thank you for using WM220 USB Modem. To guarantee the WM220 always in its best condition, please read this manual carefully and keep it for further use. The pictures, symbols and contents in this manual are just for your reference.
Operating Humidity: 10% - 85% RH Storage Humidity: 10% - 90% RH System requirements To use the WM220, the following requirements are recommended for your computer: CPU: Pentium4 1GHz or above Memory: 256MB or above Hard Disk: 50MB free disk space OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Macintosh Operating System (10.4 and above) or...
Do not switch your wireless device on when the use of wireless devices is prohibited or when the wireless device may cause interference or danger. Observe the relevant regulation of the area or country where you are. Do not use your wireless data card while driving to avoid traffic accident. Follow relevant rules or regulations in hospitals and health care facilities.
data card from water or vapor. Do not touch the wireless data card with a wet hand. Otherwise, short-circuit and malfunction of the product or electric shock can be caused. Keep your wireless device and its accessories away from children. Do not allow children to use your wireless device without guidance.
Installation 1.Put the WM220 into the USB interface; 2.The setup program starts automatically, and the WM220 installation interface is displayed later. 3.Follow the instructions of the program; 4.Once the installation completes, the shortcut icon for WM220 Manager appears...
You can try 10 times to enter your PUK code. If you failed to do that after 10 times, your USIM card cannot be used, if this happens, please contact your network operator. If you failed to enter PIN or PUK code, the WM220 Manager is not available for you. Exiting the WM220 Manager Click the button on the right corner on the interface.
The initial interface after the WM220 Manager starts is as follows. Shortcut Icon : Access the Connect interface : Start the default internet browser in your operating system : Access the Usage interface : Access the SMS interface : Access the Phonebook interface...
5.Main Function Internet Service 1.Choose a profile and click <Connect>to set up a connection; 2.When the connection is set up, click or start the browser on your computer, and then you can access the internet; 3.Click <Disconnect> to disconnect from the network. Usage Service Click and access the Usage interface.
The inbox stores messages you have received. It supports up to 500 messages. When the inbox is full and a new message is coming, the earliest message in the inbox is deleted automatically. Outbox The messages you have sent out are saved in the Outbox. Up to 500 messages can be stored in the Outbox.
Click <Close> to close the window. Note: The WM220 supports to send a message to a group of up to 40 numbers. A single message should be less than 160 characters. If the message that you send more than 160 characters, it will be combine one long message to send, but the long message at most can combine 765 characters will be send in one.
1. Select a message and click 2. The telephone number of the original sender appears automatically in the blank filed behind <Contacts> and you can change it; 3. Input the content for the message to reply; 4. Click <Send> to reply a message. Forwarding a message In Inbox/Outbox, you can forward a message to other contacts.
5. Click <OK>. Searching a message The WM220 provides the function of search a message in the SMS. 1. Enter relevant searching term in text box, and click 2. The message that matches the condition specified will be shown on the screen.
The WM220 can store up to 500 contacts. You can create, modify and delete the contacts. Y ou can also send messages to the contacts. The WM220 also supports the import/export of the contacts for your convenience to manage the contacts.
1. Click and the Contact interface is displayed; 2. Select an image for the current entry and edit the information of the entry; 3. Click <OK> to save a new contact to the phonebook. Modifying a contact 1. Select a contact and click 2.
2. Enter relevant searching terms in the value text box to click <Search>; 3. Click <Ahead> or <Next> to scroll among the entries which have been found. Sending a message The WM220 allow you to select a number from the phonebook and send a message. 1.Select a contact from the phonebook;...
<Move All>: Move all phonebook entries of the source location to the target location. Importing a contact The WM220 allows you to import the contacts from a file in a specified format to the WM220 contacts. The WM220 supports for importing of the *.csv and *.vcf files.
Enable PIN You need to enter the PIN code when the WM220 is started. Disable PIN You do not need to enter the PIN code when the WM220 is started. Modify PIN Enter the current PIN code and the new PIN code. Enter the new PIN code again to confirm it.
from your service provider). Validity Period In the period of validity , the message center will repeat to deliver a message till it is received. Delivery Report You can enable or disable this function. If the function is enabled, after you send a message, the network can send a message to inform you that the receiver has got the message you have sent.
3. Click <Save> to finish. Preference Setting Start Up Setting You can set the WM220 Manager to connect internet when program starts up and Start main window minimized. Standby / Hibernate Setting You can set WM220 Manager to prevent or allow standby / hibernate.
2. Click <OK> to save the settings. 3. Click <Modify PWD> to modify this password. 4. Click <Cancel> to close the window. Diagnostics The WM220 allows you to query information for the WM220 USB Modem and the USIM card. USSD Click to display the USSD interface.
WM220 Packing List Content Quantity/unit HSDPA USB Modem User Manual Cable Warranty Terms...