Contents Contents ......................2 1. Safety Precautions ..................6 2. Handset guide ....................8 2.1 Idle mode screen ..................10 2.2 Battery ...................... 11 2.3 SIM card and memory card ..............12 2.4 Making and receiving a call ..............13 3. Input method ....................15 3.1 Using the English Mode ................16 3.2 Using the Smart English Mode ..............16 3.3 Using the Number Mode ................16 4.
4.5 Caller groups ....................17 4.6 Extra numbers ..................17 4.7 Phonebook settings ..................18 5. Multimedia .....................19 5.1 Camera ....................19 5.2 Image viewer ....................20 5.3 Audio player .....................20 5.4 Sound recorder ..................21 5.5 FM radio ....................21 5.6 Fun & Games ...................22 6. Call history ....................22 7.
1. Safety Precautions Please read these simple guidelines. Not following them may be dangerous or illegal. Do not switch the phone on where Mobile Phone use is prohibited or when it may cause interference or danger. Do not place your phone and its accessories in containers with strong electromagnetic ﬁ...
Use only approved batteries and chargers. Disconnect the charger from the power source when it is not in use. Do not leave the battery connected to a charger for more than a week, since overcharging may shorten its life. Please remove the battery only after the phone is switched off normally, otherwise it could cause unpredictable damage for the phone.
2. Handset guide The illustration below displays the main components of your phone.
The appearance of the mobile phone and introduction: Name Description Left Soft Key (LSK) Select the option displayed on the lower left corner of the screen. Select the option displayed on the lower right corner of the Right Soft Key (RSK) screen.
2.1 Idle mode screen Icon Description Indicates signal strength. You have one or several missed calls. You have one or several new text messages. You have one or several new multimedia messages. Alarm clock has been activated. Indicates a headset is connected to the phone Indicates ring alert type.
2.4 Making and receiving a call 2.4.1 To make a call You can use the function only after the network-prompting icon is shown on screen. 1. Making phone call using the keypad After dual cards have been inserted into your phone, in idle mode, directly type in the phone number to dial.
2.4.2 To receive a call When an incoming call arrives, phone will alert you. Press the send key to answer. Press RSK [Mute] once to close incoming ringer, press RSK [Reject] twice to reject the call. 2.4.3 During a phone call During a phone call, press Left/Right navigation key to increase/decrease the volume, press RSK to activate hand-free function, press LSK to view the following options: 1.
5. Messages Allow you to view the Messages option. 6. Sound recorder Allow you to record the call sound. 7. Mute Allow you to temporarily turn the microphone off. 8. DTMF Dual Tone Multi Frequency. This function allows you to set whether send out DTMF signal. 9.
3.1 Using the English Mode This phone provides Capital and Small mode for you to enter text. When typing in the English mode, you should press key labeled with the required character: -Once for the ﬁ rst character -Twice for the second character and so on. 3.2 Using the Smart English Mode This phone provides Capital and Small English mode for you to enter text.
You can store names and phone numbers as entries in names list. These entries are stored in your phone or SIM card memory. 4.1 Quick search Input the ﬁ rst letter of the name of the name to search. 4.2 Search contact Input the name to search the designated record.
4.7 Phonebook settings This feature allows move the entry to other storage position. 4.7.1 Speed dial Speed dial is a fast way to call one of your special numbers. 1. To assign a speed dial number You can select a desired number from the contact list. 2.
Copy all entries from SIM to phone, phone to SIM or SIM to SIM. 4.7.5 Move contacts Move all entries from SIM to phone, phone to SIM or SIM to SIM. 5. Multimedia 5.1 Camera You can take pictures, save and view them and send them as multimedia message. Press center navigation key to capture the scene.
4. White balance Adjust the picture color to the lighting conditions. 5. Scene mode Choose auto or night mode. 6. Storage Select saving path for the photos. 7. Restore default Revert to the default settings. 5.2 Image viewer Use the menu to review the image. Image ﬁ les should be saved under Photos ﬁ le. When you view the image, you can press the up/down navigation key to view the last/next image.
Up navigation key: enter settings Down navigation key: stop Left/right navigation key: last/next song *key/#key: adjust the volume 5.4 Sound recorder Use the menu to make the record of the sound. The ﬁ les recorded will save under Audio ﬁ le. 5.5 FM radio With this feature, you can listen to FM radio stations.
Center select key: enter the sub-menu 5.6 Fun & Games You can play the game provided by your phone and set the games settings. 6. Call history Call history stores information about the missed calls, dialled calls, and received calls. You can view the call timers, call cost, text msg.
7.2.1 Time and date You can customize the display of times and dates throughout your phone. 7.2.2 Schedule power on/off You may set status and time of each one; however you may not set same time in different items, to avoid conﬂ ict. 7.2.3 Language Select display language.
7.3 Network settings Set network of SIM 1 & 2 with this function. 7.4 Security settings 7.4.1 SIM1/SIM2 security settings 1. SIM1/SIM2 lock This option is used to set the PIN code. The PIN code is used to protect your SIM card from random using by others. If set to on, access to your SIM card will be restricted each time the phone is powered on.
Availability of the Fixed Dial feature depends on the type of SIM card you have. 3. Barred dial When Barred Dial is enabled, the numbers which are stored in barred dial list can not be dialed from your phone. Before activate this feature, you must enter the PIN2 code. Please contact the network provider to acquire PIN2 code.
This function is used to lock the keypad automatically when phone is not in use. 7.4.4 Change password This option is used to change phone password. 7.5 Call settings 7.5.1 SIM1/SIM2 call settings 1. Caller ID This function needs to be supported by network, including the following sub-menu: Set by network, Hide ID, Send ID.
4. Call barring You can set restriction for calls made from or to your phone. 5. Line switching You can choose between Line 1 and Line 2. 7.5.2 Advance settings 1. Auto redial Allows you redial automatically when one time trial dial fails by turning on this function. 2.
8. Messages 8.1 Write message 8.1.1 SMS Allow you to edit text message. When composing text messages, check the number of characters allowed in the top-right corner of the screen. Press LSK to enter the Option menu: 1. Send to Enter the recipient’s number or retrieve a number from the phonebook, then press LSK to send.
Save the message to the draft. 8.1.2 MMS Allow you to edit multimedia message. Press LSK to enter the Option menu: 1. Send to Enter the recipient’s number or retrieve a number from the phonebook, then press LSK to send. 2.
7. Preview MMS Preview the MMS you edit. 8. Slide options Add slide behind or before the current slide, and set the slide time. 9. Advanced Insert text template, attachment, contact number, contact name, and bookmark. 10. Save to Drafts Save the message to the draft.
You can read the messages saved in draft. 8.4 Outbox View and search the messages you sent but failed. 8.5 Sent messages View and search the messages you sent successfully. 8.6 Delete messages Use the menu to specify exactly which type of message you want to delete. 8.7 Broadcast message This network service allows you to receive text messages on various topics, such as the weather or trafﬁ...
9. File manager Use the menu to manager the ﬁ les you stored in the phone memory, Memory card and SIM+ Card. 10. User proﬁ les The phone provides multiple scene modes for you to choose according to different events and environment.
Allow you to select the required ring type. 5. Extra tone Allows you to select turning on or off for the tone of “Warning”, “Error”, “Camp on” and “Connect”. 6. Answer mode You can answer a call by pressing Any key or Auto (only headset proﬁ le). 11.
11.5 World clock Enter submenu World Time, the world time zone image appears; move the coordinate by the left/right navigation key, the interface will show the time of located city. 12. Services Allow you view the contents provided by your SIM card service and internet service. 12.1 SIM Tool Kit(SIM1/SIM2) The function is provided by the network provider.
You may save the WAP address in the bookmark to quickly re-visit the page. 12.2.3 Recent pages Records the page visited, for the next visit. 12.2.4 Input address Input the Web page address of a site you want to visit. 12.2.5 Service inbox Mobile phone can receive the service messages sent by your service provider (For example, service message can be notice on relevant news abstract or a new web set.)
4. Service message settings Select to turn on or off to receive messages from service desk. 5. Clear Cache Clear all temporary stored internet ﬁ les saved in the phone. 6. Clear Cookies Clear the history record of browsed web pages. 7.
Common problems Check item Please check if the charger is properly connected to the phone Cannot charge and the power source jack. Please check if the battery level is too low; Cannot power on Please check if the battery is properly loaded; Please press power key for enough time.
Haier Mobile Packing List (HG-M300) Quantity/unit Content Handset Battery Travel Charger User manual Headset Warranty Terms...