HFD-130 OM Eng.qxd
REMOVING / CLEANING THE IFD FILTER (
• Shake the filter to remove any excess water (Fig. 8).
• Place the filter with the honeycomb side down on a plush towel.
• Note that the filter may still be discolored even after washing.
This is acceptable and will not affect performance.
• Allow the IFD filter to dry for a few hours or overnight.
• When the IFD filter is completely dry, place back into the
• Never place a wet IFD filter in your air purifier.
• The IFD Filter is NOT dishwasher safe. Do not place the IFD filter in a
dishwasher or subject it to other extreme hot water conditions.
• Do not use any solvents, strong cleaning agents or flammable liquids to clean the IFD filter.
Filter Clean Indicator – Resetting the Filter Monitor
After cleaning the IFD filter, you need to reset the filter monitor.
• Once the IFD filter has been checked and cleaned, the filter monitor will need to be reset.
• With the air purifier unit powered on, press and hold the filter reset button for approximately 10
seconds or until the LCD display is clear.
CLEANING THE PRE-FILTER
The particle pre-filter helps pick-up large airborne particles that enter the filter. The pre-filter can be
removed and rinsed by hand under warm water. Let the pre-filter dry completely before inserting it back
into the unit.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
• Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe the external surfaces of the air purifier. DO NOT USE WATER, GASOLINE,
POLISH, OR ANY CHEMICAL SOLUTION.
• The IFD filter and pre-filter should be cleaned at least once a month, or sooner depending on the air
quality of the room (See "Removing/Cleaning the IFD Filter" or "Cleaning the Pre-Filter" respectively).
INSTALLING THE FILTERS
Please make certain that the unit is OFF and unplugged.
To install the IFD Filter and pre-filter:
• Insert the pre-filter into the basket first.
• Place the IFD filter on top of the pre-filter, making certain that the
insert arrows match up with the label inside the basket (Fig. 9).
• Slide the filter basket onto the swing arm and gently push the filter
basket into the air purifier until it clicks into place.
• Replace the rear panel door by lining up the tabs on
the bottom portion of the door with the notches on the
air purifier and then turning the locking knob clockwise