035-04013-000_R1 60001 EFS
Once the air purifier is turned on, you can program this unit to turn itself off automatically
after a set amount of time.
• Touch the Timer button -- the LCD screen flashes the number 10.
• Press the toggle arrows to your desired number of hours (1 through 10). The selected
number will flash for a few seconds -- once it stops flashing, the air purifier is in Timer
Mode. (Example: If you want the unit to turn off in 6 hours, touch the timer button,
then press the arrow button until the number "6" is displayed.)
• To turn the Timer mode off, press the Timer button.
REMOVING / CLEANING THE IFD FILTER
This IFD air purifier is equipped with an electronic filter monitor to serve as a convenient
guideline for cleaning the IFD and pre-filter based on the air purifier's hours of use and
operating power level. This is beneficial because a filter's life depends on the amount of
air and contaminants drawn through it. As you operate your IFD Air Purifier, the filter bar
indicator will fill-up from "IFD" to "Dirty". The bar will continue to fill as you use the unit.
Once the bar is completely full, it is time to clean the filters.
To reset the filter bar:
• With the power on, press and hold the RESET button for 5 seconds, or until the filter
bar clears itself.
Note: Depending upon your individual usage (environment, hours and power level of
operation), you may need to check and clean the filters more or less frequently.
To remove the IFD filter:
• Make certain that the air purifier is OFF and the unit is unplugged.
• Remove the rear door panel by turning the rear knob counter-clockwise and lifting the
panel out and up.
• Gently tug the filter basket door towards you -- the basket will slide out of the unit.
• Continue to slide the basket and remove from the filter swing arm.
• Take the IFD filter out of the filter basket and clean the filter.
To clean the IFD filter:
• DO NOT USE WATER OR OTHER LIQUIDS TO CLEAN THE IFD FILTER.
• After removing the IFD Filter from the air purifier, gently tap
the filter onto a firm surface within a trash receptacle to
release the captured particles.
• To vacuum-clean the filter, hold the filter and run a vacuum
cleaner with a nozzle or brush attachment along the filter to
pick-up dirt (Fig. 3). Repeat on both sides.
If the IFD Filter clogs or you have difficulty cleaning the filter,
please visit our website at www.kaz.com or call us at 1-800-332-1110.
CLEANING THE PRE-FILTER
The particle pre-filter helps pick-up large airborne particles that enter the filter.
The pre-filter can be removed and rinsed by hand under warm water. Let the pre-filter
dry completely before inserting it back into the unit.