CLEANING THE PRE-FILTER
The particle pre-filter helps pick-up large airborne particles that enter the rear grille. This pre-filter can be
removed and rinsed by hand under warm water. Let the pre-filter dry completely before inserting it back
into the unit.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
• Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe the external surfaces of the air purifier. DO NOT USE WATER, GASOLINE,
POLISH, OR ANY CHEMICAL SOLUTION.
• The IFD filter and pre-filter should be cleaned at least once a month, or sooner depending on the air
quality of the room (See "Removing/Cleaning the IFD Filter" or "Cleaning the Pre-Filter" respectively).
INSTALLING THE FILTERS
Please make certain that the Control Knob is in
the OFF position and the air purifier is unplugged.
To install the IFD Filter and pre-filter:
• Hold the filter with the top arrows pointing up (
and the insert arrows pointing towards the
) (Fig. 9).
• Gently insert the IFD Filter into the filter
• Make certain that the IFD Filter is secure in the
• Grasp the pre-filter at the top and align to cover
the IFD Filter.
• Snap the rear grille into place.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often is cleaning required?
About every four weeks depending on the air quality of the room. You should clean your IFD filter
regularly by gently running a vacuum attachment over it. We recommend washing the IFD filter when
needed but not more than once a month.
Is the IFD Air Purifier considered an ozone generator?
No. Ozone generators produce large amounts of ozone and the EPA considers these unsafe for