11.2 Cleaning the infuser
The infuser must be cleaned regularly to avoid the build-up of coffee encrustations which could cause mal-
function. Proceed as follows:
• turn the appliance off by pressing the
and wait for the display to go off;
• open the service door (fig. 12);
• remove the drip tray and the grounds container (fig. 13) and clean;
• press the two red release buttons on the infuser sideways and towards the centre (fig. 24) and pull it out;
• IMPORTANT: THE INFUSER CAN ONLY BE REMOVED WHEN THE APPLIANCE IS OFF. ATTEMPTING TO
REMOVE THE INFUSER WITH THE APPLIANCE ON MAY CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE.
• Wash the infuser under running water, without using detergents. Never wash the infuser in the dishwas-
• clean the inside of the appliance thoroughly. To remove coffee encrustations from the inside of the
appliance, scrape with a plastic or wooden fork (fig. 25) then vacuum up the residues with a vacuum
cleaner (fig. 26);
• replace the infuser by sliding it onto the supports and pin at the bottom, then push the PUSH symbol fully
in until it clicks into place.
Check that the two red buttons have snapped out, otherwise the door cannot be closed.
The two red buttons have
NOTE 1: If the infuser is not inserted correctly until it clicks into place and the two red buttons have not snap-
ped out, the service door cannot be closed.
button (fig. 4) (do not switch off the main switch or unplug)
Push the PUSH symbol fully in
until it clicks into place.
After having heard the click,
check that the red buttons have
Bottom pipe on the infuser.
The pin must be inserted into the bottom
pipe on the infuser.
The two red buttons have not