8 PREPARING ESPRESSO COFFEE USING GROUND COFFEE (INSTEAD OF BEANS)
• Press the
(fig. 14) button to select the ground coffee function. This disables the coffee mill function.
The appliance displays
• Extract the appliance by pulling it using the special handles (fig. 3).
• Lift the central lid, place one level measure of ground coffee in the
funnel (see fig. 15). Close the lid, push the appliance to replace it
and proceed as described in paragraph 5. Note: You can make just
one coffee at a time by pressing the
NOTE 1: Never add the ground coffee when the appliance is off to avoid it being dispersed inside the
NOTE 2: Never add more than one level measured scoop, otherwise either the
appliance will not make the coffee, the ground coffee will be lost inside the applian-
ce, dirtying it, or the coffee will run off in drips and the message "GROUND TOO FINE
ADJUST GRINDER AND PRESS OK" will be displayed. A little water comes out from
the steam spout.
NOTE 3: When dosing the quantity of coffee to be added, use the measure supplied only.
NOTE 4: Use ground coffee for espresso coffee makers only. Do not use coffee beans, freeze-dried coffee or
other materials that could damage the appliance.
NOTE 5: If the funnel blocks due to moisture inside the appliance or if more than one measuring scoop of
pre-ground coffee has been used, use a knife to push the coffee down (Fig. 16), then remove and clean the
infuser and appliance as described in paragraph 11.2 "Cleaning the infuser".
• Once the coffee has been delivered, to go back to making coffee using beans, deactivate the ground cof-
fee function by pressing the
9 HOT WATER DELIVERY
• Always make sure the appliance is ready.
• Turn the cappuccino maker towards the outside of the appliance and place a container under it (fig. 2).
• Press the
/OK (fig. 17). The appliance displays:
• Press the
/OK button again to confirm.
• Hot water runs off from the cappuccino maker and starts to fill the container underneath. You should not
run off hot water for more than 2 minutes at a time.
• To interrupt hot water delivery, press the
in the original position near the centre of the appliance.
Note: if you accidentally push the
appliance automatically turn back to the main menu.
10 PREPARING CAPPUCCINOS (USING STEAM)
• Move the cappuccino maker outwards (fig. 2).
• Place an empty container under the cappuccino maker. Press the steam button (fig. 18). The appliance
button again (the light goes off and the coffee mill is enabled for ope-
HOT WATER PRESS OK
/ OK button again (fig. 4) and place the cappuccino maker
/OK button, push any other button to abort the function or wait that the