CLEANING THE LINT SCREEN
Every load cleaning
The lint screen is located in the door opening of the dryer.
A screen blocked by lint can increase drying time.
1. Pull the lint screen straight up. Roll lint off the screen
with your fingers. Do not rinse or wash screen to
remove lint. Wet lint is hard to remove.
2. Push the lint screen firmly back into place.
Do not run the dryer with the lint screen loose,
damaged, blocked, or missing. Doing so can cause
overheating and damage to both the dryer and fabrics.
If lint falls off the screen into the dryer during removal,
check the exhaust hood and remove the lint. See
As needed cleaning
Laundry detergent and fabric softener residue can build
up on the lint screen. This buildup can cause longer drying
times for your clothes, or cause the dryer to stop before
your load is completely dry. The screen is probably clogged
if lint falls off while the screen is in the dryer.
Clean the lint screen with a nylon brush every 6 months,
or more frequently, if it becomes clogged due to a residue
1. Roll lint off the screen with your fingers.
2. Wet both sides of lint screen with hot water.
3. Wet a nylon brush with hot water and liquid detergent.
Scrub lint screen with the brush to remove residue
4. Rinse screen with hot water.
5. Thoroughly dry lint screen with a clean towel.
Reinstall screen in dryer.
VACATION, STORAGE, AND MOVING CARE
Non-Use or Storage Care
Operate your washer/dryer only when you are at home.
If you will be on vacation or not using your washer/dryer
for an extended period of time, you should:
1. Unplug washer/dryer or disconnect power.
2. Turn off water supply to washer, to avoid flooding due
to water pressure surge.
3. For gas dryers only: Close shut-off valve to gas supply
4. Clean lint screen. See "Cleaning the Lint Screen."
For power supply cord-connected washer/dryers:
1. Unplug the power supply cord.
2. Make sure leveling legs are secure in washer/dryer base.
3. Use tape to secure washer/dryer doors.
For direct-wired washer/dryers:
1. Turn off power at fuse or breaker box.
2. Disconnect wiring.
3. Make sure leveling legs are secure in washer/dryer base.
4. Use tape to secure washer/dryer doors.
For gas washer/dryers:
1. Unplug or disconnect power to washer/dryer.
2. Close shut-off valve in gas supply line.
3. Disconnect gas supply line pipe and remove fittings
attached to dryer pipe.
4. Cap the open fuel supply line.
5. Make sure leveling legs are secure in washer/dryer base.
6. Use tape to secure washer/dryer doors.
Reinstalling the Washer/Dryer
Follow the "Installation Instructions" to locate, level,
and connect the washer/dryer.