Installing the Backup Battery
The backup battery allows the camcorder to retain date, time (
camcorder settings while the power source is disconnected. Connect a power source to
the camcorder when replacing the backup battery to retain the settings.
1. Press the OPEN button to open the
2. Pull out the battery holder.
3. Place the lithium battery with the
+ side facing downward into the
4. Insert the battery holder.
5. Close the LCD panel.
• The battery used in this device may present a fire or chemical burn hazard if
mistreated. Do not recharge, disassemble, heat above 212 °F (100 °C) or
incinerate the battery.
• Replace the battery with a CR1616 made by Panasonic, Hitachi Maxell, Sony,
Toshiba, Varta or Renata. Use of other batteries may present a risk of fire or
❍ Do not pick up the battery using tweezers or other metal tools as this will
cause a short circuit.
❍ Wipe the battery with a clean dry cloth to ensure proper contact.
❍ Keep the battery out of reach of children. If it is swallowed, seek medical
assistance immediately. The battery case may break and the battery fluids may
damage stomach and intestines.
❍ Do not disassemble, heat or immerse the battery in water to avoid the risk of
The backup battery has a life span of about a year. j flashes in red to inform
you that it needs to be replaced.
21) and other