Setting the Shutter Speed
You can adjust the shutter speed manually to make stable shots of fast moving
1. Set the program selector to
2. Set the program AE mode to the
3. Open the menu and select [CAMERA SETUP].
4. Select [SHUTTER].
5. Select the shutter speed and press the SET dial.
6. Close the menu.
❍ If the shutter speed is set to 1/500 or higher in CAMERA mode and you switch
to CARD CAMERA mode, it automatically changes to 1/250.
❍ Do not point the camcorder directly at the sun when the shutter speed is set to
1/1000 or higher.
❍ The image may flicker when recording with high shutter speeds.
❍ Recording under fluorescent lights (CAMERA mode): In Easy Recording, Auto
mode or the night modes, the camcorder automatically detects the flicker of
fluorescent lighting and adjusts the shutter speed accordingly. However, if the
screen starts to flicker, select AUTO mode and set the shutter speed to 1/100.
❍ The setting resets to the auto setting when you switch the program selector to
[, or change the program AE mode.
❍ Guidelines for Recording with High Shutter Speeds:
- Outdoor sports such as golf or tennis: 1/2000
- Moving objects such as cars or roller coasters: 1/1000, 1/500 or 1/250
- Indoor sports such as basketball: 1/100
CARD CAMERA Mode