Selecting the Program AE Mode
1. Set the program selector to
2. Press the SET dial.
A list of the program AE modes appears.
3. Select a mode and press the SET dial.
The symbol of the mode appears on the upper left corner of the
❍ The setting resets to the Auto mode when you change the position of the
❍ Do not change the mode during recording as the brightness of the image may
❍ Sports/Portrait mode:
The picture may not appear smooth when played back.
❍ Sand & Snow mode:
- The subject may become overexposed in dark surroundings. Check the
image on the screen.
- The picture may not appear smooth when played back.
❍ Low Light mode:
- Moving subjects may leave a trailing afterimage.
- Picture quality may not be as good as in other modes.
- The camcorder may have difficulty to focus automatically.